WR Cameron Brown [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

81 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Brown commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2017 at 11:19 PM

27 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

Will kind of be a dick move if he doesn’t decommit before signing with osu. Like porcher’s Dad wanted to do. 

Brown said the other day he has re-committed to the new staff. I don't consider him a commit and I don't think the staff does either. We would have sent Walters to in home by now if did. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, hskrpwr13 said:

Which gets back to what @ScottyIce and I have been talking about in other threads. He's essentially committed to Nebraska twice now as a placeholder while he angles for a commitable offer from Ohio State. If that never comes he will go to UNL. The second they say "go ahead" he's headed there. I'm not mad/upset about it it just is what it is. Why I've been saying "commitments" are essentially just prospects naming leaders in their recruitment and any/all verbal commitments should be considered "soft". And that isn't just for people committed to Nebraska- that's everywhere.

3 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

This staff has visited many current commits. I don't think they have Brown to my knowledge 

Seems like these two comments fit together.

This staff is not going to waste their time right now on players that are just using us as a place holder.  

1 hour ago, famoustitles said:

With coach smith at osu no receiver there will reach their potential. Terrible coach, good recruiter 

He isn't my favorite coach but Smith has had 5 WR drafted since he started at OSU. He has also had a few guys go undrafted and make NFL teams. Not all of those guys were highly rated recruits. I wouldn't call him a terrible coach or else he would of been fired long ago.

17 minutes ago, jaws said:

He isn't my favorite coach but Smith has had 5 WR drafted since he started at OSU. He has also had a few guys go undrafted and make NFL teams. Not all of those guys were highly rated recruits. I wouldn't call him a terrible coach or else he would of been fired long ago.

We’ve debated it before. He’s not a good position coach.

• Plus1 1

I'll look forward to Frost protecting our 500 mile radius better.  OSU has taken quite a few of the great players over the past years that we would normally get back in the day.  

Hope to keep Mr. Brown.  He'll have quite a nice system in place to flourish in for sure, that is, if Frost can get that OL where it should be.  

23 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I'll look forward to Frost protecting our 500 mile radius better.  OSU has taken quite a few of the great players over the past years that we would normally get back in the day.  

Hope to keep Mr. Brown.  He'll have quite a nice system in place to flourish in for sure, that is, if Frost can get that OL where it should be.  

Ohio State is the easiest place to recruit IMO. No in-state kid is going to choose a MAC school, so you get the best from Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Akron etc. They are then a short drive to Detroit, Indianapolis, Louisville, and Pittsburgh. That doesn't even include the smaller cities in OH that have very storied football programs. 

27 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

We’ve debated it before. He’s not a good position coach.

Depends on your metrics and obviously recruits think otherwise. But of course, you know more about it. 

I bet next year his WR will all of a sudden look a lot better. It is amazing what a live arm in the backfield will do for you WR group. 

29 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

Most osu guys I’ve talked to agree he’s not a good coach. 

I would say he is an above average coach and that is why he has stayed a position coach most of his career. That said, some OSU fans have also wanted Urban, Herman, Ash, Schiano, Coombs, etc. fired at one point in time so I don't put much stock in what other fans say. 

1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

Ohio State is the easiest place to recruit IMO. No in-state kid is going to choose a MAC school, so you get the best from Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Akron etc. They are then a short drive to Detroit, Indianapolis, Louisville, and Pittsburgh. That doesn't even include the smaller cities in OH that have very storied football programs. 

You simplify it way too much. Up until Urban arrived Cincinnati was a very hard place for OSU to recruit. Culturally it is not like the rest of Ohio. ND and southern school have had great success in Cincinnati over the years. MAC schools are not the schools you are competing against. Michigan and other national powers come into Ohio and it is very competitive to get the top kids. I am not saying that OSU has it hard but it isn't as easy as you make it sound. I can't imagine how good some of the OSU teams would have been if they would have been able to keep all the in state talent over the years. They have let some good ones get away to places like Michigan, ND, and Alabama.

The narrative I hear is that Urbs and his staff recruit at a high level and that hides the fact that the staff is very average at coaching.  They had two blowout losses this year.  One to a team that has a level of talent far below theirs.  Since Herman left they have been all over the place on O.  Is that because of JT?  That is the argument I hear.  Half think JT is why they are inconsistent and the other half think the O staff is bad.  We will find out next year.

Edited by Crusader Husker
4 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

The narrative I hear is that Urbs and his staff recruit at a high level and that hides the fact that the staff is very average at coaching.  They had two blowout losses this year.  One to a team that has a level of talent far below theirs.  Since Herman left they have been all over the place on O.  Is that because of JT?  That is the argument I hear.  Half think JT is why they are inconsistent and the other half think the O staff is bad.  We will find out next year.

I can't speak a lot on his staff, but Meyer is the second best coach in CFB, maybe even the best. Undefeated season at Utah, 2 NC at Florida, and 1 NC at Ohio St with a 47-3 record vs B10 teams speaks for itself 

Edited by BIG ERN
  • Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

I can't speak a lot on his staff, but Meyer is the second best coach in CFB, maybe even the best. Undefeated season at Utah, 2 NC at Florida, and 1 NC at Ohio St with a 47-3 record vs B10 teams speaks for itself 

I would take Nick Saban 10 times out of 10. He has more national titles, he recruits just as well, he has won against better competition overall in the last X amount of time since Urban has been at Ohio State. Saban's teams are more consistent week to week, better discipline etc. Landslide #2. But not #1. 

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I would take Nick Saban 10 times out of 10. He has more national titles, he recruits just as well, he has won against better competition overall in the last X amount of time since Urban has been at Ohio State. Saban's teams are more consistent week to week, better discipline etc. Landslide #2. But not #1. 

Lets not forget that Nick Saban was in the B10 for 5 years and went 34-24 overall and (23-16) in B10 play. He lost 50-10 and 55-14 the two years he played Tom Osborne. 

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Cameron Brown [Ohio State - Signed LOI]
  • seaofred92 unpinned this topic