WR Cameron Brown [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

81 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Brown commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2017 at 11:19 PM

1 minute ago, dudeguyy said:

It is what it is. There's always attrition when you bring in a new staff. I remember watching Callahan's 2008 class fall apart when Bo was brought in and how much more it stung then. In the end it's just a normal part of college football.

NU football doesn't live or die with any individual croot. If Brown goes I trust Frosty and Co to find a comparable replacement.

Plus as we have seen over the past 3 years, its just as much about how you can develop talent as it is landing big names. I think Frost and company can excel at both.

• Plus1 2

21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I just dont understand why these top players in our class don’t want to play in our new systems and for a staff like this. 

It's much more about going some place where you've built a relationship with the guys who are going to be coaching you.  

For the most part.  Obviously there are some cases - especially local guys - who really love the school.  But that's often because they have long before they were ever recruited.  For national guys, most of them want to go where they feel comfortable with the coaches.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Plus as we have seen over the past 3 years, its just as much about how you can develop talent as it is landing big names. I think Frost and company can excel at both.

Agreed.

The recruiting thread that snuck into the main forum had a lot of discussion about Wisconsin. They've perfected the 90's NU blueprint for how to build long-term success in a program that's disadvantaged in recruiting. Obviously, our offenses are going to look a lot different, much to some folks chagrin, but they're exactly who we should emulate. You can win, A LOT, even if you can't pull Top 15 classes every year.

13 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Kind of surprised he didn't cut the cord really quick after that OV. He's an early enrollee correct?

he probably wants to but they are probably still waiting on higher rated kids. If he has the green light he will flip. 

Which gets back to what @ScottyIce and I have been talking about in other threads. He's essentially committed to Nebraska twice now as a placeholder while he angles for a commitable offer from Ohio State. If that never comes he will go to UNL. The second they say "go ahead" he's headed there. I'm not mad/upset about it it just is what it is. Why I've been saying "commitments" are essentially just prospects naming leaders in their recruitment and any/all verbal commitments should be considered "soft". And that isn't just for people committed to Nebraska- that's everywhere.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, seaofred92 said:

he probably wants to but they are probably still waiting on higher rated kids. If he has the green light he will flip. 

Which gets back to what @ScottyIce and I have been talking about in other threads. He's essentially committed to Nebraska twice now as a placeholder while he angles for a commitable offer from Ohio State. If that never comes he will go to UNL. The second they say "go ahead" he's headed there. I'm not mad/upset about it it just is what it is. Why I've been saying "commitments" are essentially just prospects naming leaders in their recruitment and any/all verbal commitments should be considered "soft". And that isn't just for people committed to Nebraska- that's everywhere.

It's a two way street. Schools, including Nebraska have pulled scholarships or are imply kids should look elsewhere all the time. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, theknife said:

It's a two way street. Schools, including Nebraska have pulled scholarships or are imply kids should look elsewhere all the time. 

Absolutely it is. Not absolving the schools from any of the blame here at all. But that's what I mean by every verbal commitment being a "soft" verbal. Both sides are thrilled with the idea of the commitment until one gets a better opportunity- whether its a better offer or a better prospect at that spot becomes seriously interested. 

As a famous man once said: "There are many sides. Many sides."

Edited by seaofred92
  • Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Makes me wonder how often a recruit pans out with this attitude, where they just kind of end up somewhere when they preferred somewhere else, and it looked like they just might end up at that somewhere else til the very end of the recruiting cycle. Kind of seems like one wouldn't be as invested if their desire was to always to have been selected elsewhere.

• Mavric changed the title to WR Cameron Brown [Ohio State - Signed LOI]
  • seaofred92 unpinned this topic