WR Cameron Brown [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

81 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Brown commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2017 at 11:19 PM

4 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Lets not forget that Nick Saban was in the B10 for 5 years and went 34-24 overall and (23-16) in B10 play. He lost 50-10 and 55-14 the two years he played Tom Osborne. 

I think it's fair to say he evolved as a coach. I think it was a product that he was a young coach at Michigan state. He has turned into one of the best coaches of all time. I thought we were talking about best coach now not 20 years ago 

• Plus1 1

38 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think it's fair to say he evolved as a coach. I think it was a product that he was a young coach at Michigan state. He has turned into one of the best coaches of all time. I thought we were talking about best coach now not 20 years ago 

Actually we were talking about Cameron Brown but the topic ran amok.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ScottyIce said:

Lol @jaws 

He gets the cream of the crop. So he is a good recruiter. The improvement isn’t marked.

If you don't develop players at this level you are shown the door. I don't care if it is 3, 4, or 5 star guys. Isn't that why your last catching staff is no longer at Nebraska? Is that why Tennessee got rid of their coach?

So laugh all you want. And again, if Smith doesn't produce as a coach, he won't last long at OSU. It has happened at other position groups. 

5 minutes ago, jaws said:

If you don't develop players at this level you are shown the door. I don't care if it is 3, 4, or 5 star guys. Isn't that why your last catching staff is no longer at Nebraska? Is that why Tennessee got rid of their coach?

So laugh all you want. And again, if Smith doesn't produce as a coach, he won't last long at OSU. It has happened at other position groups. 

Like assistant OC and qb coach? 

26 minutes ago, jaws said:

He is Texas' problem now but he did land a couple big recruits for us. 

TOSU didn’t push Beck out.

Nebraska was shown the door mostly because of QB play and schematics, not necessarily development. Wideouts is the best in the business. Not many will agree probably, but I don’t care. He is God’s gift to WR.

7 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Ohio State is the easiest place to recruit IMO. No in-state kid is going to choose a MAC school, so you get the best from Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Akron etc. They are then a short drive to Detroit, Indianapolis, Louisville, and Pittsburgh. That doesn't even include the smaller cities in OH that have very storied football programs. 

Urb doesn’t recruit that area as much as people think. OSU has 21 commits this year.  3 from Ohio, none from Michigan, PA, Indianapolis.One from Missouri.

He goes after Florida kids mostly

9 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Urb doesn’t recruit that area as much as people think. OSU has 21 commits this year.  3 from Ohio, none from Michigan, PA, Indianapolis.One from Missouri.

He goes after Florida kids mostly

Their 15' class had 12 OH kids. 9 OH in 14' and 16' Those three is the equivalent to Nebraska in-state kids dating back to the 2006 class (11 classes). 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, chamrocck said:

He will announce on 12/20.  Will he be :bigredn:?  If he ends up flipping why drag it out?  

Reddit's resident husker insider says the Ohio State offer is not currently actionable, that Ohio State is seeing how things shake-out with other prospects first. It's believable. With how insane Ohio State's class is they can well afford to slow-play Brown and it would explain why he hasn't just pulled the trigger already.

• Mavric changed the title to WR Cameron Brown [Ohio State - Signed LOI]
  • seaofred92 unpinned this topic