WR Cameron Brown [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

81 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Brown commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2017 at 11:19 PM

1 minute ago, spurs1990 said:

He'll be pretty much their lowest rated recruit. Looks like two below him. Barely.

The fact that Brown is essentially a throw away prospect for them speaks to how absolutely flipping loaded OSU's class is this year.  I get that having Babb there will help but dang you can't tell me that Brown hasn't watched some of the UCF games from this year and thought, "Man, that looks like a ton of fun".

Edited by Xmas32
  • Plus1 1

If we would have retained KW we would have kept Brown, Moore and would have gotten Crocker as well. Now that he is gone, we won't be getting them (unless Brown is not given the go-ahead to commit.) Scott trusted his guys and brought them along, which is what I wanted him to do. We still salvaged some of the class, but not all of it. This guy would be fantastic to have in Scott's offense, but best of luck to him wherever he ends up. 

25 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

The fact that Brown is essentially a throw away prospect for them speaks to how absolutely flipping loaded OSU's class is this year.  I get that having Babb there will help but dang you can't tell me that Brown hasn't watched some of the UCF games from this year and thought, "Man, that looks like a ton of fun".

I don't think Brown is a throw away for OSU.  It looks like they take about 3 WR a year.  This year only Babb has committed.  I would say he is wanted by them.

20 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I don't think Brown is a throw away for OSU.  It looks like they take about 3 WR a year.  This year only Babb has committed.  I would say he is wanted by them.

Your point is well taken StP.  It looks like OSU took 5 WRs last year so it might not be as high of a need in years past.  OSU has 13 WRs on their roster right now with only one of those being a Sr.  They might have a couple guys go pro early (Hill is a RSSo and Campbell is a Jr) but no one on their roster really had huge receiving years so those guys are probably coming back.  I'm a little hard pressed to see how Brown sees the field for the first couple years whereas at Nebraska there is a decent chance he gets some run as a true Fr.  In retrospect using the term 'throwaway' was too harsh.

4 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Your point is well taken StP.  It looks like OSU took 5 WRs last year so it might not be as high of a need in years past.  OSU has 13 WRs on their roster right now with only one of those being a Sr.  They might have a couple guys go pro early (Hill is a RSSo and Campbell is a Jr) but no one on their roster really had huge receiving years so those guys are probably coming back.  I'm a little hard pressed to see how Brown sees the field for the first couple years whereas at Nebraska there is a decent chance he gets some run as a true Fr.  In retrospect using the term 'throwaway' was too harsh.

Honestly half their roster is a 5 star or borderline 5 star and next year and the year after will be more rolling in. I dont see how he ever sees the field.

5 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Brown will see the field next year as a true freshman if he proves he is better than other players.  Urb doesn't hold back players if he thinks they are good enough to contribute

2 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

Will kind of be a dick move if he doesn’t decommit before signing with osu. Like porcher’s Dad wanted to do. 

Did Calvin decommit last year or did he just say WSU on the signing day? 

I could care less either way. Everyone knows it's coming. If he for whatever reason signs with us it's just a pleasant surprise. 

2 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Did Calvin decommit last year or did he just say WSU on the signing day? 

I could care less either way. Everyone knows it's coming. If he for whatever reason signs with us it's just a pleasant surprise. 

Ya Calvin did it too. But at that point I was glad he wasn’t coming here. I’d still be happy if we got brown. 

• Mavric changed the title to WR Cameron Brown [Ohio State - Signed LOI]
  • seaofred92 unpinned this topic