Husker Coordinators

Mavric

This season is reminiscent of 2006 when it appeared that cosgrove was decent because he had superior athletes and faced awful offenses.

Banker is not a good coach. Whether Riley wants to fire an average or worse coach, that's up to him.

Even if he did, I have no idea who he'd hire he doesn't have a coaching tree as far as I can tell.

I feel Riley is similar to TO in that his staff will remain loyal to him. I think these guys have all made a pledge to give this 6-8 years and see what they can do at a place like NU. When Riley retires then you will see who stays and who decides to go solo.

I hope the University is not willing to put up with this for 6-8 years.

Put up with what: a team that may finish with 10 wins and 3 losses. A team that has an uptick in recruiting. A team that has a coach and staff that represents the state with class and is well known and liked around the country. Yeah probably need to shut this down.

• Fire 1

I feel Riley is similar to TO in that his staff will remain loyal to him. I think these guys have all made a pledge to give this 6-8 years and see what they can do at a place like NU. When Riley retires then you will see who stays and who decides to go solo.

I hope the University is not willing to put up with this for 6-8 years.

Put up with what: a team that may finish with 10 wins and 3 losses. A team that has an uptick in recruiting. A team that has a coach and staff that represents the state with class and is well known and liked around the country. Yeah probably need to shut this down.
I keep hearing about this uptick in recruiting but where is it? Even if Nebraska lands a few of these big recruits we got to visit the class will still most likely be ranked in the high teens. Which is something Bo had done.

Still don't get what the knock on Langs is. He has had to gel with a QB that doesn't fit well with the OC. TA is a competitor and that is great, however his inability to hit a wide open cethan carter on 3rd down on atleast 4 occasions over the middle i'm sure drives Langs crazy.

He called a great game against Maryland. Knew what Fyfe could and couldnt do and called accordingly. He needed to limit the route tree for TA. Identify throws TA could make and call this plays. Lean on the running game (the outside game) not his run up the centers a$$ play he loves to run......He didn't. He went all air raid......He has no answer for a competent D that stuffs the box. No idea how to run counters, traps, draws...... Just my .02....

Don't think all of those bombs thrown today were on Langs. Cethan Carter and a few others were wide open on those third and medium calls. Tommy just decided to throw a YOLO down the field to a covered WR.

why is there even a receiver running a YOLO route on 3 and 4 then? Don't give him the opportunity to make those dumb decisions
It's called a route tree. Those are meant to occupy safeties and leave the underneath routes open.

Don't think all of those bombs thrown today were on Langs. Cethan Carter and a few others were wide open on those third and medium calls. Tommy just decided to throw a YOLO down the field to a covered WR.

why is there even a receiver running a YOLO route on 3 and 4 then? Don't give him the opportunity to make those dumb decisions
It's called a route tree. Those are meant to occupy safeties and leave the underneath routes open.
is there some other branch in that route tree beside straight up the sidelines?

is there some other branch in that route tree beside straight up the sidelines?
Yes the f'ing underneath route that was wide open all day and yet Tommy decided that throwing it 50 yards down the field was a better option.
  • Fire 1