Husker Coordinators

Mavric

Don't think all of those bombs thrown today were on Langs. Cethan Carter and a few others were wide open on those third and medium calls. Tommy just decided to throw a YOLO down the field to a covered WR.

why is there even a receiver running a YOLO route on 3 and 4 then? Don't give him the opportunity to make those dumb decisions
It's called a route tree. Those are meant to occupy safeties and leave the underneath routes open.
is there some other branch in that route tree beside straight up the sidelines?
Yes the f'ing underneath route that was wide open all day and yet Tommy decided that throwing it 50 yards down the field was a better option.

Single coverage, no safety help dictates that read and throw.

That's the issue with this offense - sometimes the "right read" is still the "wrong read."

Don't think all of those bombs thrown today were on Langs. Cethan Carter and a few others were wide open on those third and medium calls. Tommy just decided to throw a YOLO down the field to a covered WR.

why is there even a receiver running a YOLO route on 3 and 4 then? Don't give him the opportunity to make those dumb decisions
It's called a route tree. Those are meant to occupy safeties and leave the underneath routes open.
is there some other branch in that route tree beside straight up the sidelines?
Yes the f'ing underneath route that was wide open all day and yet Tommy decided that throwing it 50 yards down the field was a better option.
I was more referring to a way to occupy a safety as you mentioned that maybe gives you a higher percentage play. Just wondering I don't know much about the X's and O's

I would say Langs should have cut off the deep routes, but there were 21 points of open receivers deep. Maybe he can join Beck at OSU and his O could put an extra 21 on us. Maybe it isn't the coaches all the time. They seem to be able to put up points at other teams.

I like the ideas in the OP, but let's get greedy.

Herman goes to LSU he wants his own guys. How much of a push do we make for Aranda?

Unfortunately, zero. Herman was college roommates with Aranda and you have to believe he gets retained. Plus, Aranda makes $1mm+/year. I don't think we'll be alive to see the day that NU pays a mil ball for an asst coach.

They were roommates??? Holy sh#t.

I like Aranda also. Make a push for him. Or go for Orgeron...that guy has been pretty salty and I think he can succeed and recruit the defensive side of the ball. He could be our DC. We need the Blackshirts to get back to prominence.

They should have hired Orgeron the first time around. He'll be a man possessed next season. Give him whatever title he wants. EO and MR are friendly. He should call him today

Ed O has been named the HC @ LSU. I guess they aren't interested in beating Alabama. Ever.

Game Day Crew didn't like the hire. Called into question his record as a HC........ Imagine that. Looking at a guys record as a barometer to predict future performance...

• Fire 2