So is O'Brien a bust

I've also heard the rumors that POB isn't as good as advertised. All I know is that if Lee is our starter next year we're in trouble.

Can someone save this post so we can come back to it a year from now?

IIRC, Gerry said Tanner was lighting it up on the scout team "making all the throws"....

I've heard the same thing about Lee and expect him to be the starter, but I'm hoping Gebbia can beat him out

We have 3 guys who could win the QB job next year. Nothing about that says to me that we are in trouble.

You know what trouble is? Having a 4 year starting scrambling QB get a hammy injury then expecting him to be able to throw it around and his backup is a walk on, and his back up is almost comatose and his backup is a Fullback.

I think the QB situation next year is going to make this years look like an absolute dumpster fire.

All I'm saying is that I've seen Lee play, both at Jesuit and at Tulane, and he just wasn't very good, comparable to Fyfe. He was a 2-star coming out of HS (#55 pro-style and #137 QB overall) and threw more INT than TDs at Tulane. That being said he was a freshman, so he's had time to improve... I just don't believe that now he's suddenly setting the world on fire. He had a tryout at LSU prior to Nebraska and they passed, which is telling considering all of the QB woes they have had.

So who is QB next year? In my humble opinion and I do mean humble TA should have been backup this year. We should have built for the future and he was not the future. It was just more of the same!

I am tired of watching the product on the field!

The talent differences between WI, IA, MI and Ohiop State is so far above NE it just pisses me off!

If Patrick O'Brien started at quarterback this year than Nebraska would have been a .500 team at best. Perhaps worse. I can only speak for myself, naturally, but that isn't worth building for the future.

I won't deny that TA has been near as much a liability as he has been a benefit, but Nebraska hasn't had a dominant offensive line in almost 20 years now. Why do we often continue to focus on the QB while overlooking this incredibly crucial aspect?

• Fire 1

So who is QB next year? In my humble opinion and I do mean humble TA should have been backup this year. We should have built for the future and he was not the future. It was just more of the same!

I am tired of watching the product on the field!

The talent differences between WI, IA, MI and Ohiop State is so far above NE it just pisses me off!

If Patrick O'Brien started at quarterback this year than Nebraska would have been a .500 team at best. Perhaps worse. I can only speak for myself, naturally, but that isn't worth building for the future.

I won't deny that TA has been near as much a liability as he has been a benefit, but Nebraska hasn't had a dominant offensive line in almost 20 years now. Why do we often continue to focus on the QB while overlooking this incredibly crucial aspect?

Considering we were under .500 with TA starting (most of) last year, I find it hard to pin any certain win/loss on who was starting at QB.

The question isn't really whether he should have beaten out Armstrong. The question is whether he should have beaten out Fyfe.

It's possible Fyfe beat him out, but Fyfe being listed as #2 doesn't necessarily mean that's the case when you're trying not to burn a redshirt.

It's really not a good move to preserve a redshirt on a kid who is your #2 best player at a position. In fact, it makes almost no sense whatsoever, unless you think you can't recruit.

It's a real FU to your current players, actually - especially the seniors.

I doubt that's what Riley did, though. My suspicion is that Fyfe beat him out. Whether that means he's bad is a different question. I doubt it. He's probably like 85% of HS QB recruits - not good enough to beat out a guy who's been in the program 5 years, even if that senior is a former walkon.

The question isn't really whether he should have beaten out Armstrong. The question is whether he should have beaten out Fyfe.

It's possible Fyfe beat him out, but Fyfe being listed as #2 doesn't necessarily mean that's the case when you're trying not to burn a redshirt.

It's really not a good move to preserve a redshirt on a kid who is your #2 best player at a position. In fact, it makes almost no sense whatsoever, unless you think you can't recruit.

It's a real FU to your current players, actually - especially the seniors.

I doubt that's what Riley did, though. My suspicion is that Fyfe beat him out. Whether that means he's bad is a different question. I doubt it. He's probably like 85% of HS QB recruits - not good enough to beat out a guy who's been in the program 5 years, even if that senior is a former walkon.

Agree with the latter but don't think it's that big of a deal to preserve the redshirt if he's #2. If Armstrong had had a season ending injury in game 2, there was no reason Riley couldn't have put POB in as the starter.