What must the 2017 team do

Go 11-1 and make it to the B1G title game.

Beat Wisconsin and Iowa.

Only loss should be to OSU but it should be competitive-under 8 points.

See progress in development and depth among the team.

Win the title or if we lose in the CCG make it to a New Years six.

I like the way you are thinking....I would still be fine with 10-2 if that meant we made it to the title game and were competitive in all games.

Charlie Strong failed to make a bowl two years in a row and Texas had their eyes on their new guy, situations aren't quite compareable. But in 2017 we must do well offensively to keep the Langs angry mob at bay. If we can't put up at least 30 PPG or more there will be many calling for his head. Defensively I feel like as long as we don't have an implosion all year, not give up any more than 30 points in any game that would be incredible. Alot to ask for it seems like but really it should be expected. If we could do these things, more moves in recruiting being made as well I will be a very happy husker fan

Charlie Strong failed to make a bowl two years in a row and Texas had their eyes on their new guy, situations aren't quite compareable. But in 2017 we must do well offensively to keep the Langs angry mob at bay. If we can't put up at least 30 PPG or more there will be many calling for his head. Defensively I feel like as long as we don't have an implosion all year, not give up any more than 30 points in any game that would be incredible. Alot to ask for it seems like but really it should be expected. If we could do these things, more moves in recruiting being made as well I will be a very happy husker fan

So go undefeated basically...

Beat both Wisconsin and Iowa

Win the West

For the love of God find an identity on offense and stick with it

Don't force Lee or O'Brien to throw 35+ times if they are not reliable in that area (example Armstrong)

Oline and Dline need to be more nasty, aggressive and physical coming out of their stances.

Michigan lost two games by single digits on the road. I sure the hell would take that! They played with heart and nastiness all season. No -one was going to blow them out! Yeah, who wouldn't take that.

That would be trending up for this program. That would carry some optimism for the next few years. That would fuel the fire for at least 12 more months of discussion. What we get is nothing in those terms. USC got there doors blown off against Bama, but made a QB change and now are often talked about as being maybe the best team in the country not named Bama. They responded. Coaches, players, fans, they all responded, competed. Thats what you should see.

So go undefeated basically...

I didn't say that. 30 PPG as a stat not every game at least 30 points. Right now I think we are at 27 so even more improvement may be needed. We could win 50-14 one week and lose 10-24 the next and still be averaging 30 PPG and holding all opponents below 30

We all know that this is Riley's swan song. He is getting a chance to coach at a power 5 school with tradition. We all know that he will not remove anyone from his staff. Banker and Langsdorf are not capable of winning more than 9 games a year, whether here or at Beaver U.

The upside is that I think Riley will see the writing on the wall after next season and retire. I think that the pressure of coaching here is going to get to him. I don't think his metal will continue. I think he is a good guy, and can coach football, but not at this level. I think if he could win another 9 games next year, he has us on track to become more relevant.

I just don't see that he will ever get us to the Big 10 title game and beyond. He definately won't with his coordinators presently. I new d-co would help ease some questions.

• Fire 1

We all know that this is Riley's swan song. He is getting a chance to coach at a power 5 school with tradition. We all know that he will not remove anyone from his staff. Banker and Langsdorf are not capable of winning more than 9 games a year, whether here or at Beaver U.

The upside is that I think Riley will see the writing on the wall after next season and retire. I think that the pressure of coaching here is going to get to him. I don't think his metal will continue. I think he is a good guy, and can coach football, but not at this level. I think if he could win another 9 games next year, he has us on track to become more relevant.

I just don't see that he will ever get us to the Big 10 title game and beyond. He definately won't with his coordinators presently. I new d-co would help ease some questions.

I actually have predicted the same exact thing… I think that after next year if things don't go really really well he talk with the athletic director and they make up a story about retirement… But he will still of course get paid out and so will his assistant coaches and it will go from there. And I'm OK with that

Yes, yesterday was awful but we have had a pretty good season. Texas, Notre Dame, UCLA, Oregon, Michigan State, Baylor, Ole Miss, Georgia, Tennessee...all these teams had very poor seasons from what their fans expected. I think we need to get players on both lines and build depth...we are losing against superior opponents because we do not control the line of scrimmage and we get beat in the trenches.