Minnesota is about to have a better coach than us

Fleck is a great hire, I've been hoping he would end up at Nebraska for a while now. Great recruiter, energetic and great in a he community. I think he is what the buskers need, a young energy guy to rebrand the program. Unfortunately, I think this will cause us pain for many years to come Minnesota has always been tough for us, now it will probably get worse. Yet more trouble for us, hopefully Riley gets it turned around fast, we are losing traction

This is a great hire for Minnesota, and I agree with the OP's observations in comparison to our head coach. If Riley doesn't show us improvement next year, we don't have the time to mess around, especially when schools are getting stuff turned around significantly in a three year timeframe.

Something Old Something New - seems like we got the Old and others are getting the New up and comers who will make a difference. I like MR but I sometime wonder about NU hiring a guy near the twilight of his career. Seems hard to build that way. :dunno

How sad it is that Minny is probably going to make a better hire than NU

Well, this thread is off to a promising start....

Whether you like Riley, or not, he's got us in the door with multiple top-end, national recruits. The kind of recruits that I'd be willing to bet Fleck will never get to look his way in Minnesota.

isn't his class at wmu ranked about as high as Nebraska s right now? #1 in the MAC?