Banker is Fired!!

Hopefully Langsdorf is next on the chopping block

He'll (presumably) operate with a more accurate passer this year who doesn't pay out YOLO bombs like they're on discount at the dollar store, but we'll see.

If he fires Langsdorf at some point down the road then that will be about the last meaningful scapegoat left. As a disclaimer, I don't say that because I dislike Riley and want him gone.

• Fire 2

Now...a real question.

I'm not a big fan of Banker's work here, so I'm good with him being gone. Now that he is, will everyone who has been howling for him to get the axe be OK with a step back this Fall while the team learns a new defense? I'm guessing not.

A regression won't fly. It's naturally different than when the university completely replaced coaching staffs, but replacing a coordinator and watching the unit get worse (or even stay roughly the same) will draw significant ire.

Dirk is probably "spot on".. Eichorst's a$$ is on the line as much as MR. You are crazy if you think SE isn't somehow linked to these moves. If MR isn't successful soon, both are OUT.

I commend MR for doing something Bo didn't do...but, yes Eichorst is in his "right ear" as suggested by DC. Whether you like Dirk or not, he is right !

• Fire 3

Wow. I thought maybe Banker was going to be shown the door after the bowl game, but since so much time had passed I figured that wasn't going to be the case.

When Riley axed Bruce Read, it seemed to be pretty calculated, and already had a replacement lined up. I'm guessing this DC vacancy won't last long.

Part of me is excited to see who he brings in, and part of me is bummed that we had to endure two years of Riley's cronies. I think it's safe to say the heat has been turned up.