Trump Legal Troubles

10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m not disputing or referencing anything else in your post, but this caught my fancy.   I do think it’s ironic that the thing Trump will be in trouble for, based on the charges, is Trump sharing info that disputes Milley’s assertion about Trump wanting to have an attack plan on a foreign nation.   The info shows though, Milley lied to everyone and it was him and his group that actually made the attack plans without Trump being involved and blamed it on Trump.  

Still Trumps fault for harboring and showing the info, but a terrible look for Milley in the process. 

If the President asks him to develop attack plans, it's his job to develop attack plans.  I'm not sure how that shows that he lied.

• TBH 2

I said it before and I will say it again.  If it is Trump vs Biden the race won't be close.  Expect (popular vote) a 10-12 million vote win for Joe.

Expect Trump to under 220 electoral votes.  This will not be close.  What you are seeing now, is social media warriors that love to post and get reactions but will not be voting.  

Now...if we get behind Tim Scott, I think you will see him put up a great fight against Joe and I could see him winning if people just would listen to is common sense approach.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I said it before and I will say it again.  If it is Trump vs Biden the race won't be close.  Expect (popular vote) a 10-12 million vote win for Joe.

Expect Trump to under 220 electoral votes.  This will not be close.  What you are seeing now, is social media warriors that love to post and get reactions but will not be voting.  

Now...if we get behind Tim Scott, I think you will see him put up a great fight against Joe and I could see him winning if people just would listen to is common sense approach.  

I wouldn’t get your hopes up for Scott winning the primary.

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

The minimum number of electoral votes a Republican candidate gets will probably be 235. 

If there's a mild recession or OPEC oil production cuts causes gas to be $4 dollars next summer, the election will be as close as it was last time. 

1 hour ago, commando said:

someone can't stop loving Trump no matter how much he claims to love someone else.

And this is why. Republican voters aren't going to vote for a new candidate. They'll rationalize their vote for whatever candidate with an R next to their name no matter what. 

The next election will be decided by a small number of voters - maybe a total of 100k - across 4 swing states.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

People here don’t understand the indictment documents too well :facepalm:  Not surprising I guess.  

Trump seems to have kept classified docs, didn’t give them back when asked, made this mess up by his own accord by not doing so, however, one of the damaging pieces of evidence against him that ties the case together is the recording of him talking about and supposedly showing a classified document in regards to Milley.  Trump seems to be doing that to show Milley lied about wanting to attack Iran , etc.    hope this helps the crowd that hasn’t been able to follow along.  

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

People here don’t understand the indictment documents too well :facepalm:  Not surprising I guess.  

Trump seems to have kept classified docs, didn’t give them back when asked, made this mess up by his own accord by not doing so, however, one of the damaging pieces of evidence against him that ties the case together is the recording of him talking about and supposedly showing a classified document in regards to Milley.  Trump seems to be doing that to show Milley lied about wanting to attack Iran , etc.    hope this helps the crowd that hasn’t been able to follow along.  

Yes, how dare people focus on the major event instead of this minor side point that's actually not true. Good take.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I know that.

But, that doesn't prove Milley lied.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Trump seems to be doing that to show Milley lied about wanting to attack Iran , etc.    hope this helps the crowd that hasn’t been able to follow along.  

Lol....now we're going to take Trump's word, and your word that Milley lied about wanting to attack Iran.  It sounds to me that Trump was waving around an attack plan and claiming to the gullible that "see this is proof that Milley wanted to attack Iran!!  It wasn't me.  It was Milley!!"   Having a plan is not the same as advocating for an attack.  

From your link.  

Trump claimed he had a document about a “plan of attack” on Iran that showed it was Milley’s idea

“He said that I wanted to attack Iran. Isn’t that amazing?” Trump said, according to the audio first obtained by CNN. “I have a big pile of papers, this thing just came up. Look. This was him. They presented me this — this is off the record, but — they presented me this. This was him. This was the Defense Department and him.”

So Milley had an attack plan.  Of course he did.  In no way does that confirm what Trump is claiming.  

For those not able to follow along.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1