The Republican Utopia

9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Only to those with blinders on.  

Drunk driving deaths are also accidents and something that is not intended to happen either. 

Baldwin, from what I understand is an executive producer on the film plus the lead actor, with years and years of experience, on a low budget film that seemed to have safety issues.  Maybe he should have spoke up a bit.  Or maybe he was part of the issue in pressing things to get done at the expense of safety.  The investigation will eventually let us all know.  

Baldwin is an homophobic a$$ on twitter to anyone who he dislikes.   Not to mention an a$$ as a father as noted by the lively VM’s from years ago.  He deserves whatever scorn he gets. 

The only reason you’re going down this path is because he mocked Trump. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

57 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The only reason you’re going down this path is because he mocked Trump. 

Nope.  Try again.  

You still don’t understand.  I don’t give a crap about Trump the person. He’s a big boy and can stand up for himself.  But you seem infatuated with him.  Not good for you!

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Raise your hand if you think this actually happened. "frozen in fear" "possibly transgender"

This is the fantasy of people who want there to be problems with transgender people. 

It's a crock of $h!t for several reasons.

- I guess every stranger is "possibly transgender" until they actually tell you their gender identity. 

- If you are afraid to speak with someone just because you do not know their gender, that's your own bigoted problem.

- How often do you approach someone and address them by a pronoun? Don't you usually address a stranger and say, "Hello" or "Excuse me?" Unless you are Arthur, King of the Britons, and just shout "Old woman!"...but even he got corrected.

- Pronouns are a silly thing to be afraid of. If we make mistakes, we learn, make a correction, and move on. Most transgender folks aren't going to expect everyone else to automatically know everything about their gender identity or pronouns. 

- This a$$hole is making $h!t up. Although no one should walk on egg shelves.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Oh, look you guys. Just Ted Cruz lying again.

This time it's about labeling parents "domestic terrorists" (which is a phrase one of our fellow members said recently... weird!) even though Garland never wrote that.

https://nsba.org/-/media/NSBA/File/nsba-letter-to-president-biden-concerning-threats-to-public-schools-and-school-board-members-92921.pdf

written with help from the White House and conveniently used by Garland.  Crazy how that works:dunno

psssttt….(the wording is in the letter). 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Raise your hand if you think this actually happened. "frozen in fear" "possibly transgender"

This is the fantasy of people who want there to be problems with transgender people. 

Brave man...  Calling his wife pathetic via a Tweet.

Let's see how this works out for him!

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

https://nsba.org/-/media/NSBA/File/nsba-letter-to-president-biden-concerning-threats-to-public-schools-and-school-board-members-92921.pdf

written with help from the White House and conveniently used by Garland.  Crazy how that works:dunno

psssttt….(the wording is in the letter). 

Can you link the memo from Merrick Garland that Cruz is talking about and highlight the section where he referred to parents as domestic terrorists?

As far as the letter you linked which isn't from Garland, I have no problem with the actions of threatening school board members and their families with intimidation, bodily harm or death, as "the equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism or hate crimes" but that's just me.  

• Plus1 2