The Republican Utopia

On 10/27/2021 at 12:37 PM, knapplc said:

Raise your hand if you think this actually happened. "frozen in fear" "possibly transgender"

This is the fantasy of people who want there to be problems with transgender people. 

What a load of BS.  You can engage with a server at a cafe without using pronouns.

A local business I use has a transgender person.  They started out as a girl and is now a man.  I didn't know the name at the time so I couldn't use a name.  But, I had no problem conversing with the person at all.

Seriously, how often do you use a pronoun with a server at a restaurant?  

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What a load of BS.  You can engage with a server at a cafe without using pronouns.

A local business I use has a transgender person.  They started out as a girl and is now a man.  I didn't know the name at the time so I couldn't use a name.  But, I had no problem conversing with the person at all.

Seriously, how often do you use a pronoun with a server at a restaurant?  

I agree that it’s no reason to be outraged, but to your last question…I use no sir, yes sir, no ma’am, yes ma’am all the time 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I agree that it’s no reason to be outraged, but to your last question…I use no sir, yes sir, no ma’am, yes ma’am all the time 

But, you don't need to, if you don't know which to use.

Heck, I've been in situations where honestly, I had no clue if it was a girl or a guy and I simply didn't use those terms.  It wasn't uncomfortable or anything. 

This is obviously someone that is doing nothing but trying to create outrage.

Also, I have known women who absolutely don't like to be called ma'am.  They aren't transgender.  They just don't like it.  So.....is this person scared to death around them too?

• Plus1 3

43 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The Republican party is poised to dominate the midterms in 2022. Democrats probably aren't going to win the majority in the Senate until the 2030s.

It'll be interesting if Trump decides to run in 2024. I'd wager Trump has a 50-60% chance to win. A non-Trump candidate is probably higher. 

Democrats face a host of struggles and they don't have easy answers for. 

• Plus1 2

I saw some of the late polling showing VA going R. What I didn't expect was NJ to be this competitive this late.

Also the best thing for the GOP is for Trump to stay the hell away. They have the momentum and Trump would reset everyone's brains to 2020. If they can find a way to keep him away they might roll for a few years here. If not the Dems can find a leverage point that their current messaging isn't hitting. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Omaha-Husker said:

I saw some of the late polling showing VA going R. What I didn't expect was NJ to be this competitive this late.

Also the best thing for the GOP is for Trump to stay the hell away. They have the momentum and Trump would reset everyone's brains to 2020. If they can find a way to keep him away they might roll for a few years here. If not the Dems can find a leverage point that their current messaging isn't hitting. 

I agree here 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Where are the migrant caravans when you need them?

I wish more people realized what an incredible problem this is.  We have jobs.  We don't have people to fill those jobs.  Filling those jobs would foster more and more growth in the economy.

But.....we aren't supposed to welcome immigrants who want to work and better their lives.  Instead, we have a Texas governor who thinks spending billions to put up razor wire at the border is the answer instead of spending that on infrastructure that has been proven to be in horrible shape in his own state and a congress that seems to not even think about immigration reform.

• Plus1 1