The Republican Utopia

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

:laughpound

Look guys, I know dunking on Republicans is like playing basketball with a 4 foot hoop.

But c'mon, they're a completely serious and totally honest political party with detailed solutions to our problems. Sure, nobody knows what those solutions are, and the party basically can't function in the most basic way.

Sure, the entire point of the Republican Party is to grind government to a hault, kneecap it, and then blame it for said kneecapping.... 

In all seriousness they deserve to be laughed at because this has been obvious for some time. 

• TBH 2
On 12/31/2022 at 10:27 AM, Archy1221 said:

Oh, I haven’t seen the news articles yet that show tax returns showing Russian collusion China and Saudi business collusion/selling star secrets etc….  Please post when they come out.  Thx.  

I suppose some folks naively hoped Trump's accounting firm would be so incredibly inept as to flag treasonable offenses in a tax return, but the general consensus was that Trump's taxes would reveal a man not nearly as wealthy as he likes to pretend, the result of inflating assets in order to obtain credit, and dramatically under valuing the same assets to get tax breaks and evade creditors. That's the illegal part, and Trump and his dad had been felonious tax cheats for decades. These new revelations aren't really new, just the latest chapter. 

• TBH 1

The Republicans trying to select a speaker is a preview of the 2024 election where the Trumpists will peel off enough voters that another candidate won't win the general. 

Republican strategists have to pulling their hair out.  I'm still saying they have to at least be considering avoiding this situation by capitulating again to Trump and getting Desantis to be his running mate.  What other way can the unite they party?   Moving towards sanity isn't going to do it.  Trump will run third party just to burn it down.

“Is he willing to shut the government down rather than raise the debt ceiling?” Representative Ralph Norman of South Carolina, who was one of 20 Republicans to initially vote against Mr. McCarthy on the House floor, recently told reporters. “That’s a non-negotiable item.”

Mr. McCarthy appeared to agree to those demands, pledging to allow open debate on spending bills and to not raise the debt limit without major cuts — including efforts to reduce spending on so-called mandatory programs, which include Social Security and Medicare — in a deal that brought many holdouts, including Mr. Norman, into his camp.

Looking forward to this… /s

• Plus1 1