The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Here's some more outlandish behavior for the patriots to get all lathered up about.  Imagine how enraged they'd be if an armed mob carrying the Confederate flag screaming hang the vice president stormed the Capitol and interfered with our democratic processes 

I always thought thos was an acceptable way to stand for the anthem. Didn't know I was a jihadist for doing so.

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s amazing that there are white people that are such snowflakes that they can’t just admit that there was nothing good about slavery. 

This goes back to the days of colonial racism... That the savages needed the white man to teach them how to be civil and prosper.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, funhusker said:

Well s#!t!  I committed treason this morning at my kid’s swim meet…

Why the f was the anthem played before a kid's swim meet? How old were they? Under 10? Sorry if that is too personal a question, but the anthem should only be played before any applicable competition that involves a US national team (like at the Soccer World Cup) and doesn't need to be played at any other sporting competition.

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

I'll be interested to read a book written about his campaign and how it failed so spectacularly.

It seems to me that DeSantis's team ran a campaign that was overly "Online". They talked about issues that only morons on Twitter care about and they seemed unable to understand the difference between what far Right Twitter wanted to hear and the electorate at large. 

DeSantis also has the charisma of a baked potato which doesn't help him.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Why the f was the anthem played before a kid's swim meet? How old were they? Under 10? Sorry if that is too personal a question, but the anthem should only be played before any applicable competition that involves a US national team (like at the Soccer World Cup) and doesn't need to be played at any other sporting competition.

Agree completely.  And it’s not like they have a kid sing it even; they find a YouTube video and play it over the speakers…

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I'll be interested to read a book written about his campaign and how it failed so spectacularly.

It seems to me that DeSantis's team ran a campaign that was overly "Online". They talked about issues that only morons on Twitter care about and they seemed unable to understand the difference between what far Right Twitter wanted to hear and the electorate at large. 

DeSantis also has the charisma of a baked potato which doesn't help him.

Well….when all you can talk about is made up woke outrage…..while you are creating major issues in your own state from your own idiotic decisions….because of your made up woke outrage, this us what you get. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well….when all you can talk about is made up woke outrage…..while you are creating major issues in your own state from your own idiotic decisions….because of your made up woke outrage, this us what you get. 

You are absolutely correct!

I'd like to add, this video is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm unsure if this is from the campaign itself or if a fan created it... but it speaks to how bizarrely online his messaging and schtick is.

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

You are absolutely correct!

I'd like to add, this video is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm unsure if this is from the campaign itself or if a fan created it... but it speaks to how bizarrely online his messaging and schtick is.

the NAZI symbolism at the end was......interesting

4 hours ago, funhusker said:

Agree completely.  And it’s not like they have a kid sing it even; they find a YouTube video and play it over the speakers…

I coach a sport that pretty much has zero fans attending...and they will do the Anthem sometimes.  It is kind of odd!

Also, my boy Tim Scott is making a move!

Told everyone, dude is normal, thinks like a normal person and acts like a normal person!

• Plus1 1