The Republican Utopia

On 12/3/2023 at 7:28 PM, BigRedBuster said:

:laughpound

Off topic but there's a podcast with Sammy "The Bull" Gravano called "Our Thing", which is nothing more than him telling stories firsthand of being in the mafia, rising through the ranks, wacking people, etc. It's an absolutely riveting and fascinating listen that I highly recommend.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Off topic but there's a podcast with Sammy "The Bull" Gravano called "Our Thing", which is nothing more than him telling stories firsthand of being in the mafia, rising through the ranks, wacking people, etc. It's an absolutely riveting and fascinating listen that I highly recommend.

So the man is making money off of stories of him killing people?  No thanks...

9 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

I mean I’m biased for sure, but does anybody else find it weird every Biden gotcha moment the GOP points to is basically just him being a good dad who loves his kids?

They gotta reconcile voting for Trump somehow. 

Instead of thinking about how and why they twice voted for a moron who attempted to subvert American democracy, they instead rationalize their dangerous and stupid electoral choices by believing a fairy tale that Joe Biden is just as corrupt as their preferred President. 

This way, uncomfortable questions don't need answered. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

They gotta reconcile voting for Trump somehow. 

Instead of thinking about how and why they twice voted for a moron who attempted to subvert American democracy, they instead rationalize their dangerous and stupid electoral choices by believing a fairy tale that Joe Biden is just as corrupt as their preferred President. 

This way, uncomfortable questions don't need answered. 

Correct.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

The problem is lobbyists for Insurance and Big Pharma...wouldn't want to dry up the gravy train.

You would probably surprised to know pharmaceuticals represent only 10% healthcare expenditures.   Yet very few people complain the largest drivers of healthcare costs :dunno

• Plus1 2