Lee vs. POB

The Great Husker QB Battle of 2017  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a little off subject but if Riley and Langsdorf start pumping QB'S into the NFL, will high profile guys stick around longer knowing when they get their chance it will likely result in a nice payday?

I don't think so necessarily. QBs want to play and (basically) only one can. Generally speaking, they'd rather go anywhere and play rather than sit. I think Alabama only had one scholarship QB on the roster after the season.

It should help get one each year but not necessarily keeping them around.

Bama isn't pumping NFL QB's out really though, are they?

Sure, some back-ups here and there. But, I don't think they have a starting QB in the NFL right now. Mostly just guys that have had a couple seasons as a back-up and then washed out. (This was completely from memory, I did no research so forgive me if it's inaccurate)

No, they aren't producing much for NFL guys. But they're getting the highest-ranked guys out of high school each year. They just aren't keeping them.

If Lee wins, and then POB sticks around and starts as a RsJr. Then I think Gebbia leaves. But I think we will see Lee start and POB transfer after this season. I think Riley will keep it as "anyones spot" until early in fall camp solely so POB can't transfer and us be screwed if Lee was to get hurt.

If Lee wins, POB will transfer to a JuCo in Cali for the year.

If Lee wins, and then POB sticks around and starts as a RsJr. Then I think Gebbia leaves. But I think we will see Lee start and POB transfer after this season. I think Riley will keep it as "anyones spot" until early in fall camp solely so POB can't transfer and us be screwed if Lee was to get hurt.

I agree with Gebbia as a flight risk. If he can't jump to #2 next year, he may find himself looking at a 3 year back up role with a chance to be a one year starter, or hoping for an injury. I agree that bringing in a top shelf QB each year is critical, if some end up with great QB's in front of them who they can't jump they may move. I think most of the time injury or a guy who fails to live up to expectations will provide many with a chance to at least be a two year starter. If they want to be a 3 or 4 year guy I hope that we have enough depth to at least make QB recruits worry. To put it another way, if QB's are heading to Nebraska because of a promise of early playing time than something has not gone as planned.

For the "Think" question: I'll be surprised if Lee doesn't win the battle, but only mildly so.

For the "WANT" question: Where is the "I don't know and I'm willing to admit to that publicly choice" ? All I have to go on is some old Tulane tape and a standing ovation followed by some INTs in last year's spring game.

As for transferring, I hope not, and my gut says he won't.

I don't know if this is okay to admit, or if this is a Pepsi vs Coke battle were sides must be drawn, but I am not invested in any of our QBs right now. I don't mean that negative I just mean that they are all new faces to Husker Nation, so I am cool with whoever gives Nebraska the best chance to win.

As a for transferring, it would be disappointing to see if POB is a talented as all of the hype built around him coming in would sugest, but the QB waiver-wire is the times college football is in. Heck, we got Lee from this.

Lack of depth was exposed last year and it cost us games having a one horse QB. I think we will see POB and Lee throughout the fall, especially if the OLine doesnt take the leap forward.

If someone feels the need to transfer because they didnt win the job, then we are better off without them. Competitors, like Frazier and Berringer, will stick it out because you never know when your number will get called.

In Riley's offense as I have seen it, the question will be which quarterback can best throw a twenty yard out on third down.

??? how often is that play needed.....

I don't think that play is "needed", but Riley and Langsdorf love to attack defenses with the 15-20 yard out or in/dig pattern and like it as a first option in a pass play. Riley's WCO is not very similar to Callahan's WCO.