Lee vs. POB

The Great Husker QB Battle of 2017  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All speculating aside, I feel better about this team than I have felt in years. It just feels like they could do great things this year. The schedule is a little scary but it wouldn't surprise me if they won the west this year. I can't say I had the same feeling the last few years. It's amazing how much optimism can come from have great options under center. GBR

If Lee has a good year and this team wins some games he won't be in Nebraksa next year. If he has good games against the big dogs like OSU or even Penn St (not even a win but a solid performance) and whoever they get in a bowl game he will go pro. Then POB and TG will battle for the spot the following year. Maybe the loser of that battle transfers

I'm not ready to start thinking about Heisman caliber type seasons or top 10 draft picks. One hell of a lot has to happen before that. We saw him against a defense that wasn't rushing the passer and they weren't playing a scheme that was 100% installed and that they were proficient at.

However, what he did show was much better accuracy than we are accustomed to and a few of his throws were great throws. One thing to keep in mind is that he is accustomed to playing with an O line that was WAY over matched. Even if he had last year's O line, it would be better than he had at Tulane. So, he's used to being under pressure. If the O line can show improvement over last year, it could very well be enough for him to have a pretty decent year.

Now....speaking like a typical Husker fan, I am really excited to see how all of this helps our running game. If we have a QB and WR that can be very affective in picking apart secondaries and an affective screen game, the RBs and O line are going to love what that does to their jobs.

What outstanding work they did this time last year to get Tanner Lee added to the QB room. It's hard to imagine where we would be without that; they had tried to get 2 QBs in the '15 class but Wilson bailed. Now instead of two arrivals in '17 they brought in the equivalent of a JUCO recruit, except he got to go through an entire season with the team.

It's hard to help roster holes sometimes but they found a way to fix it. It's only partly luck.

From what I can tell:

Michigan only has 2 4* QBs on their roster.

Stanford has 2 4* QBs and one committed for 2018.

Clemson has 2 4* Qbs and a 5* committed for 2018.

Alabama has 3 4-5* Qbs on the roster.

And this season Nebraska is likely to start a 2* guy with only one single in high school!

From what I can tell:

And this season Nebraska is likely to start a 2* guy with only one single in high school!

Only one single in HS? So we shouldn't try and get him on the baseball team?

• Fire 4

If you watch POB and Lee's post game conferences here... you'll notice something distinctly different between the two.

http://studio.omaha.com/Tanner-Lee-Laying-foundation-for-the-Fall-32272231?playlistId=14322

If there's one intangible hurting POB, I think it may well be his apparent apathy for -team-.

You also need only look as far as the silliness which was happening when Lee was being interviewed on the field by BTN after the game. He clearly has the receiving corps 'behind him'.

I sure hope POB sticks around for a while, I mean let's face it... drop back QB's get injured, I would hope he realizes there may be opportunities which emerge. But long term, I question whether he stays on campus.

From what I can tell:

And he's starting ahead of two 4*s. tell me, did you think he looked like a 1-2* on Saturday?

From what I can tell:

And he's starting ahead of two 4*s. tell me, did you think he looked like a 1-2* on Saturday?

At Tulane, he looked like an average low end three star qb. He has definitely grown a lot since transferring here and I think he will help us win some games. He will obviously throw an int at some point, but expect the ratio to be 3 tds to one int this year. I am thinking of something along the lines of 27 touchdowns and 9 ints this season or something similar to that to keep it at a 3:1 ratio. Passer rating and completion percentage will be around 65 percent, which is a lot better than what we have seen over the last few years.

• Fire 1