The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

This isn’t what people are talking about when they talk about Trump’s kids. Hunter getting a random job in some other country in part because of his last name is not close to Trump’s kids working for him and having an active role in how our government is run with no vetting or qualifications for it. The former had no effect whatsoever on our country and Biden didn’t get the job for him or pressure anyone into giving him the job.

For good reason there aren’t laws about the former but are about the latter; he’s just breaking them with no repercussions because the GOP doesn’t give a f#&% about the things they should.

It is what I am talking about.

51 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It still comes down to the Democrat and Republican voters. They are the ones that have given us these two candidates. 

On the Democrat side, there were probably a half dozen people who could have ultimately been a better candidate.  But, no...we get another 70+ year old guy who should be home playing with his grand kids. 

But, referring to his post, who are the Democrat voters who were talking about Kavanaugh but not Biden? I feel like Danny might be the only Democrat who posts here but I could be wrong.

I don't suppose anyone actually checked CNN itself before running with the "The MSM is colluding with Biden's campaign" nonsense, right?  Because as of 1:45pm on Sunday, here's the story with a link to the Larry King show on CNN's Politics front page.

xuUItkJ.png

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I don't suppose anyone actually checked CNN itself before running with the "The MSM is colluding with Biden's campaign" nonsense, right?  Because as of 1:45pm on Sunday, here's the story with a link to the Larry King show on CNN's Politics front page.

If you're talking about posters, 1 ran with it as a mainstream coverup and 2 people thought there might be more to the story.

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

xuUItkJ.png

Wow! I was definitely skeptical. I figured there was potentially a legitimate reason. But I didn’t even stop to think it was totally fabricated...

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Wow! I was definitely skeptical. I figured there was potentially a legitimate reason. But I didn’t even stop to think it was totally fabricated...

I'll tell you what's really funny - the tweet that started this particular outrage?

It's been deleted.  :D

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, teachercd said:

1.  Yes, Trumps kids got sweet gigs because of their last name, just like Hunter.  Hunter did nothing wrong. 

2.  How in the world can anyone try to say how a mom should be "acting" and what "questions" she should be asking after her daughter told her she was raped.  That is low.  We went from "I don't think we should be able to question people's mental status" to "I know how a mom of a rape victim should be acting and what questions she should be asking" 

What gigs?

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, i thought a few of his kids worked for the White House/Government.  Right?

Yeah, and not to mention Eric and Don Jr. work for The Trump Organization.  I mean, the name of the company is literally their last name.

Notre Dame Joe must be smokin' some crack!  I get it, they work for dad.  It's not different than people working for their dad on the farm. It's a family business; you are part of it because your in the family.  That's how it works.  So to say they don't have have their jobs because of their last name is nuts!