Time Change or Locations change? Hmm

ScottyIce

4 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

What I just read stated the only possible date change would be to Sunday.

I am not sure how a TIME change would help with the smoke, but what do I know?

I think it would be sweet if it moved locations. Haha. Let's do this... 

Move the game to Lincoln, and we will come back to Oregon in 2019.

I think moving the game to the night could help with the air quality, just so the air is a little cooler.  I'm not a scientist, but that's my guess in the reasoning.

The air quality here in the Denver area has been pretty bad, and we aren't as close to the fires like Oregon is.

40 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think moving the game to the night could help with the air quality, just so the air is a little cooler.  I'm not a scientist, but that's my guess in the reasoning.

The air quality here in the Denver area has been pretty bad, and we aren't as close to the fires like Oregon is.

The air quality in Denver is always bad imo...  And it isn't because of fires.

They didn't make the call to play this last weekends game until a few hours beforehand.  Guessing Fox wants a little more certainty than waiting until last minute.

Due to the poor air quality, there were legitimate discussions about whether to postpone SUU's contest with Oregon — or, worst case scenario, cancel it. 

Medical staffs and Pac-12 officials held a conference call Saturday afternoon around 3 p.m. MDT to determine if the game could be played. At the time of the call, Eugene’s Air Quality Index (AQI) was at 177. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, anything above 151 is considered unhealthy.

The fears of postponement weren’t unfounded. Some Oregon high schools had postponed games on Friday due to the poor air quality. 

SUU administrators, however, said they didn’t think the game would be in jeopardy unless officials thought the AQI would rise close to the 200 level during the game.

Those officials determined that wasn’t going to be the case and the choice was made to have the game go on as scheduled. That turned out to be the correct decision. At the time of kickoff, Eugene’s AQI had dropped to 88. 

http://www.thespectrum.com/story/sports/college/southern-utah/2017/09/02/suu-football-smoky-skies-put-oregon-game-doubt/629448001/

59 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

What I just read stated the only possible date change would be to Sunday.

I am not sure how a TIME change would help with the smoke, but what do I know?

I think it would be sweet if it moved locations. Haha. Let's do this... 

Move the game to Lincoln, and we will come back to Oregon in 2019.

Moving to Lincoln probably isn't an option due to logistics at this point--they typically have their equipment truck loaded up and on the road by today, especially for a far-flung locale like Lincoln (relative to Eugene). 

But hey, it shouldn't stop the AD from suggesting this.  Hell, offer to do something like two away games in Eugene and a neutral-site game to make things whole long-term. 

Just now, MattyIce said:

So let's be realistic.

What are some legit options if this doesn't get any better? If the game were today, they would NOT be playing. No chance.

Either relocate (which is an option...but not a viable one) or postpone until a future date/time. This isn't unprecedented--it's not unlike what happens when a hurricane comes roaring through the gulf states or East Coast. It's just a matter of settling on a date/time to reschedule for.