MR surviving the season

23 minutes ago, Sparker said:

But he has a source!!!

Juat wait, motha trucker. Winter (frost) is coming. 

Just now, krc1995 said:

What happens if we fire 'em all, hire ex-Huskers, and continue to win an average of 6-7 games a year? Is there a longer honeymoon period for ex-Huskers? 

What happens if North Korea bombs japan? 

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, krc1995 said:

What happens if we fire 'em all, hire ex-Huskers, and continue to win an average of 6-7 games a year? Is there a longer honeymoon period for ex-Huskers? 

What if we hire Nick Saban or Urban Meyer and they continue to win an average of 6-7 games a year? Is there a longer honeymoon period for proven top-tier coaches?

If Mike Riley coached under Tom Osborne or had some sort of tie to the program, he'd have a lot more support. There'd still be the haters, not denying that, but most of us don't support him anymore because the very basis of our support was simply giving him a chance. He's had his chance. He doesn't remind me of any successful football coach I've ever seen. He's not a raging a-hole, and I think we all appreciate that. But he also says a lot of nothing and he kind of acts like losing doesn't really bother him all that much.

If Mike Riley was my Uncle, I'd have a great uncle. Just a genuinely good guy. But he's a bad football coach.

Edited by Enhance
Edited to remove personal attack.
  • Plus1 2
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yeah...I am a huge Andersen fan.  Riley left him a total mess with crap players.  I love the offense Andersen runs.

His % is actually a great reflection on just how bad Riley left things.

He is a better coach than Riley.  

Andersen screwed himself when he told many good players he didn't have room for them.  Now, here we are in his third season and he's destined to win exactly 1 game.  You can't rip Riley and then turn around and praise Andersen.  Andersen has been a poop show since he showed up and OSU is about to have it's worst season in a long time.  Riley has never had a season like the one Andersen is having.  

The offense....oh dear lord where do I start lol.  He runs a spread offense.  He got a transfer QB this season that has a good arm, but is a statue.  Sound familiar?  Anywho, he continues to run a read option with his "no legs" QB.  Well, everybody tackles the back because they know the QB isn't going run.  I scream obscenities at the TV like I have Tourettes Syndrome because it's far more idiotic than anything Langsdorf runs.  Now that QB has a broken back and we play the Fuskies on Friday night.  Should be a good game for the first two series.    

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

No...I think he is going to have a decent season still.  If he doesn't, he sucks.  I am black and white my man.  I think he ends up with a better season than your boyfriend Riley.

Uhhhhh, you're not watching OSU games are you?  Their only win is to FCS Portland State and only because PSU missed four extra points.  Otherwise, they have been manhandled and their schedule is about to get a whole lot tougher.  

5 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

That's the point - eventually.  3 years is not enough to make that call.  

Eh... Hail Varsity did a study last summer (and this one) in their magazine that basically showed that year 3 is the most telling for a coaches tenure. He has his guys, his hand picked coaches, and his options at QB, who are also his guys.

Now, if we're gonna say he needs to develop a roster that is top 10 in the country to overcome losing seasons, then we're talking about something different.

Yeah, I guess my opinion is that people like Boyd and others have a better read on coaching competence and what it takes based on their experience and tenure and with what they see happening in the program each day.  I'll stand with them before I join the flash mob here at HB.

Also - look at the performance of some of our true freshman that have had to play this year due to injury.  I'd say that's indicative of the talent being brought in.  Jaimes, Thomas, Farinok, Lindsay, Spielman (I know he's not a true Frosh) etc.  Yes, they all made mistakes on the field, but that to me shows where we are headed.  

Wins and losses seem to be all that's viewed as defining our program on this board.  I put weight in development and other measureables.  I think Cav goes ths year because of the lack of development.  Whereas I think Parrella has shown he's good at coaching up.  I think Tanner needs to be sat down.

Do all the right things and the wins come.  In the pros you can expect players to perform on day one in camp, if they dont' they're gone.  If they can't be coached or understand the playbook they're gone.  If a coach can't get it done immediately they're gone.  College is a different world.  These kids are still growing and learning.  

• Plus1 4