MR surviving the season

5 hours ago, Redux said:

d637cffae2072f8bd022d7a0904c71cc88b5c1c4

Wow I underestimated the amount of people who think langsdorf isn't good enough to interim one game.  I don't really have a hard preference on this one.  Sure we can let Diaco I guess?  He will have 12 games under his belt by then so it wouldn't be as weird.  Who would you guys prefer?  

9 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Wow I underestimated the amount of people who think langsdorf isn't good enough to interim one game.  I don't really have a hard preference on this one.  Sure we can let Diaco I guess?  He will have 12 games under his belt by then so it wouldn't be as weird.  Who would you guys prefer?  

Right now I'm going to guess we don't need to worry about who's coaching the bowl game as the team will probably just be watching from home

• Plus1 2
48 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

At least Diaco has been a head coach.  Langsdorf has proven in two and a half seasons he can barely coordinate the offense.

• Plus1 3
45 minutes ago, HuskerJax said:

Right now I'm going to guess we don't need to worry about who's coaching the bowl game as the team will probably just be watching from home

This week should be a win; Illinois is terrible in every way a football team can be terrible.

Just takes 3 more wins after that. Not that improbable.

1 minute ago, Redux said:

Doesn't even take 3 in todays participation ribbon bowl system eligibility.

There are so many, the first time I read that I actually asked myself where is the "Participation Ribbon Bowl". Even after the second time reading it, and understanding the sentence, I still feel compelled to google it.

Huskerboard members have not surprised me at all.  The supposed amazing season was gonna be 10-2 or 9-3 for the majority of the board (I'm not throwing any stones at those predictions ... it could actually still happen).  We lost to UNI ... and now MR should be fired.  

I think we are still on track to hit the 7-5 projected mark.  It's where I thought we would be.  I'd be curious to know where the 10-2 or 9-3 folks project us finishing up now.  I see too many posts now where we might only win a few games, maybe four games or go 5-7.  I'd be hopeful that the 10-2 or 9-3 crowd now see the 7-5 as the projection and not 2-10 or 3-9.

I'm actually still where I was at the beginning of the season ... 7-5 this year and next year we improve a bit but the schedule is brutal and we go 7-5 or 6-6 ... then, Huskers move on to the next rebuilding plan.  This is what I thought would happen.  Now, with the AD being fired ... I have no clue.  All I really think at this point is that the bump in recruiting was MR, the man ... and I really wonder how many of the top kids like Bookie or even the whole Calabraska movement continues.  

In the end ... the Husker program is/has been in shambles.  I will continue to support MR this season ... and no, I don't believe he is the answer.

@BigRedN, as somebody who projected upwards of 8-9 wins, and going solely off how they've played the first four games of the season, it's tough to imagine they go much higher than .500. Our lines will have a tough time winning battles against Wisconsin, tOSU, PSU and Iowa, though my gut tells me we'll win at least one of those games.

Unfortunately for Riley, there are several aspects of this team people expect should be better than they are, namely offensive line play and QB play. Their lackluster performance thus far isn't doing him any favors.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Huskerboard members have not surprised me at all.  The supposed amazing season was gonna be 10-2 or 9-3 for the majority of the board (I'm not throwing any stones at those predictions ... it could actually still happen).  We lost to UNI ... and now MR should be fired.  

I think we are still on track to hit the 7-5 projected mark.  It's where I thought we would be.  I'd be curious to know where the 10-2 or 9-3 folks project us finishing up now.  I see too many posts now where we might only win a few games, maybe four games or go 5-7.  I'd be hopeful that the 10-2 or 9-3 crowd now see the 7-5 as the projection and not 2-10 or 3-9.

I'm actually still where I was at the beginning of the season ... 7-5 this year and next year we improve a bit but the schedule is brutal and we go 7-5 or 6-6 ... then, Huskers move on to the next rebuilding plan.  This is what I thought would happen.  Now, with the AD being fired ... I have no clue.  All I really think at this point is that the bump in recruiting was MR, the man ... and I really wonder how many of the top kids like Bookie or even the whole Calabraska movement continues.  

In the end ... the Husker program is/has been in shambles.  I will continue to support MR this season ... and no, I don't believe he is the answer.

I had high hope for this year, I was thinking we may even be the surprise team of the year and get to 10 wins. I though he finally has his guy at qb, third year, blab blah. Now, I really see hitting 6 as a high water mark. I think the only two games left that we "should win" are Illinois and northwestern, the rest are flukes if we win. It's a sad place to be.