MR surviving the season

Dave Remington says "I’m not here to fire anybody; I’m here to calm things down". Which makes sense.  So for all the people thinking there could be a mid season fire it looks like there won't be. 

This is the best decision in my opinion. No matter how ugly things get, let Riley get through the season. Let Langsdorf potentially coach the bowl game

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-football-dave-rimington-mike-riley

• Plus1 2

Riley isn't the type of guy/coach you fire midseason, no matter who many losses accumulate. His players don't quit on him, even though they may not win, they don't quit on him. And if we get to a bowl game, just let Riley coach it, but if you are going to release him after the regular season and if we get to a bowl game, please don't promote Langs to interim head coach for a game. He is one of the main reasons Riley will not be back at Nebraska. Letting Riley coach the bowl game does not hurt us in anyway.

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Dave Remington says "I’m not here to fire anybody; I’m here to calm things down". Which makes sense.  So for all the people thinking there could be a mid season fire it looks like there won't be. 

This is the best decision in my opinion. No matter how ugly things get, let Riley get through the season. Let Langsdorf potentially coach the bowl game

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-football-dave-rimington-mike-riley

I don't think many believe any head coach should be fired mid-season unless there is some ethical issue that needs to be addressed.  With that said, to help with the current recruiting class, it's important that a new AD is determined and named by early November at the latest to be prepared for a quick change in head coaches should Nebraska finish 7-5, 6-6, or worse.  

We fired an AD because the football team stinks.  We didn't fire the AD after Miles lost 19 games last season in basketball.  We didn't fire the AD after our Volleyball did not win a NC.  The guy is done after this season barring a miracle.  That miracle is beating either Ohio St or Penn St.  Not losing to Minnesota or Northwestern  Wisky and Iowa?  I think 8-4 record Riley has a 50/50 chance at remaining.  60/40 could be more accurate.  

Odds say we go at best 7-5.  To obtain that we have to beat either Iowa or Wisky.  This is why losing to NIU is non-sense for a program of our stature.  Considering our injuries and other factors that are out of the coaches hands, maybe a 7-5 season is realistic for what they have had to work with on some tables.  In my world, year 3, you have better recruits in place.  You play true freshmen if need be (Gebbia) and at least try to put your best team on the field in order of talent, not experience.  Open minded thoughts still lead back to a sub par season in a time when the B1G is moving ahead as a conference in talent and coaching.

• Plus1 1