** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

36 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Michigan fired a guy who won a MNC, then fired a a guy who won the sugar bowl, then firs a guy after three season who improved every year. We should never assume we cannot get a coach.

Lloyd Carr retired. You can argue he was forced out but he was not fired.

And he didn't win a MNC!

;)

3 minutes ago, Gage County said:

And he didn't win a MNC!

;)

I lived in Ann Arbor at the time. Carr was fired. I wander if MR will retire Saturday just like Carr did. The MIchigam radio, TV, etc. make the worst Husker fans look tame.

By the way, Carr was a very nice guy. I coached an 11 year old baseball team, and we cleaned Crisler arena to raise money. Carr coached a game that started at 11:00 am, then went to Crisler arena to tape to Sunday morning show, and was leaving at abut 7:00 pm as our team was starting to clean. He took about 30 minutes to talk to the kids. 

6 minutes ago, Gage County said:

And he didn't win a MNC!

;)

I agree about the MNC. The AP vote did not count in 1997!

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Are we saying if we throw enough money at Saban or Urban that they’d leave and come here?  Why didn’t we think of that before???

More a figure of speech than an exact statement of fact........Then again you never know.....You don't think we are throwing money at Frost?  

When have we ever opened the check book?

Cally- about the 15th choice

Bo-Unsure who all we looked at besides Turner

Riley-come on man

This is the first time since 2003 that we have the chance to actually go after someone......(For the record, I'm still hoping Frost)

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Gage County said:

And he didn't win a MNC!

;)

From my understanding after talking to a Michigan fan at the resort during my honeymoon, Carr was forced out. Either he retires or Michigan was going to force him into retirement by firing him. 

I don’t have a dog in this fight but figured I relay what I heard from a Michigan fan. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Visit the mecca (Lincoln) on gameday and you will understand. Even this year the home game atmosphere is unique and it's hard to condense into words. 

4 hours ago, Husker56 said:

I've never lived in Nebraska but my mom grew up there and my grandparents live there. I've been to 5 or 6 games and you just gave to experience it all like Sparker and someone else said. ATS or friend just come to one game day and you'll understand the draw. Being a Husker is special and SF knows that better than anyone. 

Ok, so I'm in Lincoln, watching a game, eating a Runza, and the Huskers are in the red zone. I'm shouting "Go Big Red!" or "Go Huskers!", right?

Any other cheering options? What is the bones thing?

Just now, ATS Knight said:

Ok, so I'm in Lincoln, watching a game, eating a Runza, and the Huskers are in the red zone. I'm shouting "Go Big Red!" or "Go Huskers!", right?

Any other cheering options? What is the bones thing?

The defense used to throw the bones after a great play. It has been so long that I think the film of the last time the bones were thrown is in black and white.

• Plus1 2
Just now, MichiganDad3 said:

The defense used to throw the bones after a great play. It has been so long that I think the film of the last time the bones were thrown is in black and white.

I don't know what that means to throw the bones. Is it just crossing your arms? Does it relate to the program or it's history? 

3 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

I don't know what that means to throw the bones. Is it just crossing your arms? Does it relate to the program or it's history? 

It relates to the blackshirts,  our first team defense.   For decades, the blackshirts were marketed on posters, shirts, etc with a skull and crossbones, the skull was wearing a husker helmet.   

8 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

It references the blackshirt logo, which is a skull wearing a husker helmet and crossbones

10 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

In practice, the starting defensive unit wears black jerseys, so we call them the Blackshirts. A few decades ago, they got their own logo. This is why they cross their arms after a big defensive play. 

nebraska_cornhuskers_blackshirts.0.jpg