** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, FearAmeer said:

Funny story. I was in a public restroom stall when I was taking a dump. The dump reminded me of this football season so I got out my phone to see if Mike Riley was fired. Found out he just got fired and was basically smiling with joy at my phone. Ended up not locking the stall on accident and some dude with his kid opened it up as I was smiling and staring at my phone.... Very very awkward day today...

man I'm sorry you had a bad dump.  You deserve better than dumps that remind you of the current state of Nebraska Football.  

Nothing beats those '95-'96 dumps, where you just dominate every aspect of the dump experience while also making the commode humble by giving it no choice but to swallow your domination.

Kinda reminds me of the purpose of Florida's head coaching position. 

Edited by 614Husker
  • Plus1 2
1 minute ago, lo country said:

I agree with that for UF.  Our class os now down to I think 7 IIRC....not good at all.  I'd like to think some who were "really committed to NU would wait until Feb to see who our coach was....Then again, the whole bird in a hand thing....Can't blame them for signing early.  Wait and you might no longer have that offer....

If it is Frost, and he's named after the AAC game, no problem.  Now if there is something that says we won't announce until after the bowl, it might not hurt us a much as our class is already imploding. Some of the true "blue chip" guys can probably wait longer (till normal signing day) as they are in greater demand.  

IMHO, a new coach to NU would do well to hit the Juco route quickly to get some bodies in ASAP that can help...

We desperately need a stud running back and some talent on both lines. Going the JUCO route makes sense.

7 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Exactly this. Florida has been without a head coach for too long and they put all their eggs into Chip Kelly and it failed. They are probably in urgency mode right now and will want to get things done fast. I am going to say Mullens is named their head coach by mid week.

I agree that they will want to get the egg off their face, and will want to hire a guy this week.  If they go after Frost and want him to give them an answer this week, he will probably say no, so he can finish out this last game with UCF.

Honestly, I think it's down to UCF or NU for Frost.  I think Frost really likes what he has at UCF and may want to stay there longer.

14 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

My gut feeling tells me Florida will name a head coach soon, maybe it's their ego and arrogance, but I don't see them wanting to wait to name their head coach and want to get things going now. They've been without a head coach for almost a month, and are probably putting some pressure on Frost to announce to be their coach asap. I think the Gators go elsewhere and they name a head coach sometime this week, leaving it to be us vs UCF.

Their search is turning into the Callahan search for us from years ago.

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I agree with that for UF.  Our class os now down to I think 7 IIRC....not good at all.  I'd like to think some who were "really committed to NU would wait until Feb to see who our coach was....Then again, the whole bird in a hand thing....Can't blame them for signing early.  Wait and you might no longer have that offer....

If it is Frost, and he's named after the AAC game, no problem.  Now if there is something that says we won't announce until after the bowl, it might not hurt us a much as our class is already imploding. Some of the true "blue chip" guys can probably wait longer (till normal signing day) as they are in greater demand.  

IMHO, a new coach to NU would do well to hit the Juco route quickly to get some bodies in ASAP that can help...

Our recruiting class is so pitiful that waiting an extra week isn’t going to matter much in the big picture. More important to get the right hire. Florida appears to be semi-panic mode.  We might be too but at least we’re not looking it. 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

You want to see s#!t really go up in flames. Announce Craig Bohl as head coach. 

Ladies and gentlemen, we present to you a Nebraska native, a former Husker under Tom Osborne, a man who has proven he can win a conference championship and even has an undefeated season in his record....put your hands together for your next Nebraska Head Football coach, signed on a $7 million 10 year contract...CRAAAAAAAAAAAIG BOHL!

Edited by Excel
  • Plus1 2

What Moos said today at his press conference was equivalent to coach speak. He said all the right things, covered all the points that needed to be covered. You read between the lines, like how he described the coach he wants, and it's clear he is aiming strong for Frost and Frost is his first choice.

• Plus1 3
Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

What Moos said today at his press conference was equivalent to coach speak. He said all the right things, covered all the points that needed to be covered. You read between the lines, like how he described the coach he wants, and it's clear he is aiming strong for Frost and Frost is his first choice.

Yup but it’s also clear that it’s still in the negotiation stage. 

So a coworker at a work Christmas dinner said that a future recruit  and commit for next year was told by Riley that he wouldn't be their coach next year but said that Frost was and that he was going to be in good hands. This was before he was let go as the dinner took place yesterday. No clue about the credibility but he says that the recruits family and his are really close and talk about his process a lot.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Excel said:

Ladies and gentlemen, we present to you a Nebraska native, a former Husker under Tom Osborne, a man who has proven he can win a conference championship and even has an undefeated season in his record....put your hands together for your next Nebraska Head Football coach, signed on a $7 million 10 year contract...CRAAAAAAAAAAAIG BOHL!

I wouldn't mind him at all.