** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

7 minutes ago, 614Husker said:

Chinander scares me as DC.  I mean...they've had such a leaky D all year.  Will it translate well in the Big 10?

I'm all for KW staying.

Donte Williams...well, I feelI'm in the minority but our DB play has been downright disgusting.  Not sure I really understand the hype around this guy.  And whatever he is doing has made Lamar Jackson look like a 1 star player.

Not sure Parella has done anything to even remotely impress me.  have to say I was more impressed with Hank Hughes up to this point.

I would prefer someone other than Chinander too, but the reports are that he and Ruud are most likely to come at this point.  

10 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

What changed from last year? The UCF D was much better in 2016. Did opposing OCs figure him out? Did he lose a couple talented players?

Well they actually improved in points allowed per game.  In 2016 they gave up 24.61 PPG and in 2017 they gave up 22.45 PPG.  There schedules were comparable except in 2016 they played Michigan who was ranked 5th at the time, and in 2017 they played Memphis who has been ranked.  

A couple things IMO on Chinander as DC. I think UCF doesn't have the depth as many of the bigger programs on defense and add to that their offense is so explosive and the defense is out on the field a lot. Granted, not to start off we have much of a depth on defense here, but this may contribute to why the UCF defense looks bad at times. They are on the field a lot and no depth to rest.

Just now, BoneyardCornhusker said:

A couple things IMO on Chinander as DC. I think UCF doesn't have the depth as many of the bigger programs on defense and add to that their offense is so explosive and the defense is out on the field a lot. Granted, not to start off we have much of a depth on defense here, but this may contribute to why the UCF defense looks bad at times. They are on the field a lot and no depth to rest.

I bet they’d make Ohio State punt at least once.

• Plus1 2