** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

7 minutes ago, Herbie95 said:

This was mentioned this morning by Damon Benning and was basically confirmed as real.  Damon said he contacted Aaron and Aaron responded in defense of what was said.  

Isn't Benning the one who has long said that Frost would never coach at Nebraska?

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, brophog said:

I thought this week's press conferences where terrible. Coming off a bye heading into a series of extremely winnable games, and I think Langsdorf and Diaco had a bet on who could talk in circles the best. Not exactly convincing Moos that you have a workable plan.

I saw a guy in that presser who was lost, confused, and shell shocked. He says he didn't expect things to be as bad as they are but when you bring your guys from Oregon State to Nebraska, you're going to get Oregon State results.

He made his own bed and has to sleep in it. I don't feel sorry for him one bit. I can think of 2.9 million reasons why. 

Just now, Mavric said:

Isn't Benning the one who has long said that Frost would never coach at Nebraska?

I heard that alluded to but I've never heard him say this.  However, I think Benning just doesn't like Frost given Benning's friendship with LP and how Frost was associated with the Kate Mcewen assault.  

10 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

But! If Scott wants to stay at UCF for one more year and Riley finishes the season by winning 4/5 games would you consider keeping him one more year?  

This has disaster written all over it.  There are simply too many things that could happen in that year.  What if Riley were to somehow win 10 games next year?  What if Saban retires and Alabama goes after Frost?  What if .........

2 minutes ago, Herbie95 said:

I heard that alluded to but I've never heard him say this.  However, I think Benning just doesn't like Frost given Benning's friendship with LP and how Frost was associated with the Kate Mcewen assault.  

I don't know that Benning has some personal vendetta against Frost, but he sure sounds like he's trying to prepare the fan base for disappointment and doesn't expect Scott to come here.

People who are close to the program have been wrong before. Maybe Frost has no interest but when you begin to see former players not named Damon Benning going to bat for Frost and some media outlets saying he IS interested from unnamed sources, it makes you wonder if those sources are former teammates of Scott Frost.

11 minutes ago, FTW said:

Money talks. If Moos can give Frost his word that his assistants will be paid and taken care of, I think he's on board after the Iowa game. This is the most important aspect to Scott. He wants his staff to get paid well. Add in the fact that a majority of his staff has connections to DONU and/or his playing days in HS and Stanford, it's a no-brainer.

I agree.  I even read that the money doesn't matter to Scott just as long as his assistants are taken care of.  I love it that most of his coaches have DONU connections.  If this goes through it will be like a huge family reunion!

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

This has disaster written all over it.  There are simply too many things that could happen in that year.  What if Riley were to somehow win 10 games next year?  What if Saban retires and Alabama goes after Frost?  What if .........

Good points Mavric. (This question was asked on Big Red Wrap Up last night.  I just wanted the HB reaction.  Thanks!)

3 minutes ago, FTW said:

I don't know that Benning has some personal vendetta against Frost, but he sure sounds like he's trying to prepare the fan base for disappointment and doesn't expect Scott to come here.

People who are close to the program have been wrong before. Maybe Frost has no interest but when you begin to see former players not named Damon Benning going to bat for Frost and some media outlets saying he IS interested from unnamed sources, it makes you wonder if those sources are former teammates of Scott Frost.

Jay Forman (sp?) who was a former team mate of Scott's said Scott would be a very good coach for Nebraska. 

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

da71b84481bdc7b55f844d2c65a7cf83.gif

Dabo Swinney, you mean Dabo Swinney!

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Unless you're among the conspiracy theory believers who think there was a plan all along to bring in a guy to recruit better than Pelini (not saying that's happened, just that was the plan), who would after 3-4 years step down in favor of Bohl or Frost or whomever.

I can't find any posts where I've talked about this, but I distinctly remember this scenario being thrown around - probably by me :D - in the first year-ish of Riley being hired.  It was a baffling hire in the first place and, grasping at straws for why he was brought here, that was an idea. 

Maybe Frost isn't ready to come here. Maybe the plan was to give Riley one more year and land this group of recruits. Maybe that's all getting tossed out the window with Frost's success and Riley's stumbling.

Maybe this is all some far-fetched fantasy. 

I partly think DB is preparing the fan base, or his listeners, to not go off the rails if Frost doesn’t end up in Lincoln. Or at least he is tempering the build up while there is still 5 weeks left in a season, let the kids finish and minimize distractions for the current team.

He also mentioned on air how he has received mocking text messages from friends when they saw the Frost video running the option last week. Frost’s name is mentioned daily here and his star is growing nationally, he’s preventing the burn out from Frostmania.

I also believe TO is somewhat of a liaison for Frost. No way Frost would have coached Nebraska if SE was still running the athletic department and if TO doesn’t put his stamp of approval on new leadership, then Frost isn’t coming. 

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Unless you're among the conspiracy theory believers who think there was a plan all along to bring in a guy to recruit better than Pelini (not saying that's happened, just that was the plan), who would after 3-4 years step down in favor of Bohl or Frost or whomever.

I can't find any posts where I've talked about this, but I distinctly remember this scenario being thrown around - probably by me :D - in the first year-ish of Riley being hired.  It was a baffling hire in the first place and, grasping at straws for why he was brought here, that was an idea. 

Maybe Frost isn't ready to come here. Maybe the plan was to give Riley one more year and land this group of recruits. Maybe that's all getting tossed out the window with Frost's success and Riley's stumbling.

Maybe this is all some far-fetched fantasy. 

weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

• Plus1 2