** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

As long as I'm running my ignorance up a flagpole to see if anybody salutes...

I'd just like to add that, from a bargaining standpoint, Moos needs to have somebody else he is (allegedly) interested in when going after Frost. He needs to be able to throw a little scare into Frost that the job is NOT just automatically his and he might go a different direction (to also keep the price tag at least somewhat reasonable). I'd just like to throw out there this: That Les Miles' expressing interest in Oregon State is really just a way of him saying that he is very open to job openings right now. Being a former coach himself, he knows better than to publicly express interest in a job that already is manned by a sitting coach (even one who is expected to be fired). That is just professional courtesy.

So, I'm guessing that Les Miles is also on Moos' short list right now.

2 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

As long as I'm running my ignorance up a flagpole to see if anybody salutes...

I'd just like to add that, from a bargaining standpoint, Moos needs to have somebody else he is (allegedly) interested in when going after Frost. He needs to be able to throw a little scare into Frost that the job is NOT just automatically his and he might go a different direction (to also keep the price tag at least somewhat reasonable). I'd just like to throw out there this: That Les Miles' expressing interest in Oregon State is really just a way of him saying that he is very open to job openings right now. Being a former coach himself, he knows better than to publicly express interest in a job that already is manned by a sitting coach (even one who is expected to be fired). That is just professional courtesy.

So, I'm guessing that Les Miles is also on Moos' short list right now.

Chip Kelly. 

17 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

What are you talking about?  I'm not a wedding photography expert but it looks like the best man is next to the groom, and the maid (or matron) of honor is next to the bride, and then each groomsman and bridesmaid is grouped with their corresponding "partner" in the wedding party.  It looks like a pretty standard photo of a wedding party.

Nm

Edited by jessica0

Just now, cheekygeek said:

Except that I'm guessing that Scott Frost and Chip Kelly are still on friendly terms. If Moos is not genuinely interested in Kelly (or Kelly in Nebraska), Frost would probably be able to find out with a phone call.

If we're playing this game by using the things Moos has said in interviews, in that type of hypothetical, Chip Kelly would be the other target he is shooting for. 

Just now, Cdog923 said:

If we're playing this game by using the things Moos has said in interviews, in that type of hypothetical, Chip Kelly would be the other target he is shooting for. 

I agree. But the interest needs to be there from the other direction, as well.

1 minute ago, Hilltop said:

The reality is Scott knows he has his pick of the available jobs.  No reason to play BS games with it.  

Agreed.  No point doing something that would piss him off.  He knows how bad we want him.  He can very easily play that game right back at us.  Let him now how much we can pay and just ask that we get a chance to match UF before he makes a decision.