** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

8 hours ago, neepster said:

To be a devil's advocate, because this is how my wife would call it if I wanted to move near my parents.

"Sweetie, I want this Husker job"

"Honey, I know you are emotionally attached to them, but remember when they never called 3 years ago?   Remember how hurt you were?  Those nice Florida people will pay AT LEAST as much as Nebraska, AND we get to enjoy weather that isn't colder than a well digger's behind!  And I LOVE the beach.  Plus think how much easier it will be to recruit here!  I know you are disappointed but I will make it up to you, I promise!"

And there goes that.  I mean, one thing you all don't seem to factor in here is that this woman has lived in Scottsdale, Arizona, Eugene, Oregon, and now Orlando, Florida.  I mean, I know there's global warming, but as someone who currently lives in Phoenix (but has lived in Portland, OR and Florida), the weather in Nebraska would be a significant negative for me as far as thinking about moving back there (and judging from the number of Nebraskans and other mid-westerners in Arizona, for a lot of folks).

I agree with this rendition of how it would go.  People that think this would be a great thing for them to be closer to Scott's family are making a rather large assumption that his wife would want to be closer to her in-laws.  Now I can't speak for all women out there but I know a my wife would probably divorce me if I made her move close to my parents.  There is a reason Everybody Loves Raymond was a hit show and it's because everyone could relate to the downside of being so close to family, especially in-laws. So let's stop acting like them being close to Scott's family is a certain upside of the Nebraska job.

7 minutes ago, Dan_F_31 said:

I agree with this rendition of how it would go.  People that think this would be a great thing for them to be closer to Scott's family are making a rather large assumption that his wife would want to be closer to her in-laws.  Now I can't speak for all women out there but I know a my wife would probably divorce me if I made her move close to my parents.  There is a reason Everybody Loves Raymond was a hit show and it's because everyone could relate to the downside of being so close to family, especially in-laws. So let's stop acting like them being close to Scott's family is a certain upside of the Nebraska job.

Some of us love our parents, Dan. :D

I think some of you might be overestimating the amount of say his wife might have in this decision. If it was me, I'd definitely consult my wife on it and weigh out the pros/cons of each destination with her, but in the end I'm the one that has to go do the job everyday, it's my career, and in the end I'm going to do what I think is best for the family; while also assuming the $5+ million a year will help her get over it. Again, in my house, if it were her as the breadwinner, I'd ultimately leave the decision up to her as well.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Some of us love our parents, Dan. 

I think some of you might be overestimating the amount of say his wife might have in this decision. If it was me, I'd definitely consult my wife on it and weigh out the pros/cons of each destination with her, but in the end I'm the one that has to go do the job everyday, it's my career, and in the end I'm going to do what I think is best for the family; while also assuming the $5+ million a year will help her get over it. Again, in my house, if it were her as the breadwinner, I'd ultimately leave the decision up to her as well.

Interesting. Didn't see that I wrote I didn't love my parent. I'll keep looking though.

Anyone who marries a football coach knows that they will be moving around a lot.  I can't imagine his wife vetoing a move back home for her husband while also having one of the premier jobs in the profession.  I have no doubt that she probably prefers the state of Florida to Nebraska, but priorities change when you have a kid.  I also know of many people who move closer to home once they have a kid than people who stay away.  I can't imagine being farther away from home is a pro on his list when it comes to the UF job.

26 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If Frost can brings Troy Walters with him, then no need to keep KW (and his baggage).  Walters has been WR coach at A&M, NC St, CU, and UCF.  Plus he was a Biletnikoff winner at Stanford and played 8 years in the NFL. 

Hard to argue that. Also, hard to deny KWilliams connections to Cali and WR around the connection.