** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Tennessee's current situation, and our last 10 years of s#!t from eichorst/pederson/perlman opens my eyes to the moos. The moos is my savior, the moos is my light, the moos is the way. I'm super greatful for moos and knowing that we got a slam dunk hire in moos at AD, we will be getting a slam dunk hire at HC in Scott Frost. Can't wait for the announcement and ALL HAIL THE MOOOOOOS

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think with the current B1G tv deal alone we win in a bidding war.  The reality is they "have time on their side" but it eventually becomes the law if diminishing returns....With all of the hirings and firings going on this weekend, our list of 6 or so, will get pared down quickly.  If Frost is our guy, you go all in an call....They can only  counter so much.....

Time actually isn’t on their side. They can’t win the bidding war. Nebraska can far outspend them. So they will inevitably lose said bidding war and have wasted time and now have no coach. 

Of course this is only relevant if you believe that Frost is going to base this decision on money and an extra 10% would be the deal maker/ breaker for him. I doubt this as well

• Plus1 1

Right after my last post, I see this on the UCF message boards (as always, grain of salt):

This has been a very interesting day as I thought it would be. I opted against going to Disney for the basketball game, just in case something happened.

Over the course of today, I've spoken to five well-connected UCF sources about the current situation. The news started to come fast and furious after the multiple reports surfaced that Florida was now targeting Dan Mullen.

In regards to UF, my sources are UCF based and not UF, so I don't have the level of detail there. I'm told Frost never engaged Florida at all, that he shut it down before it got started. That's not really the story right now though. Nebraska is.

I'm not sure if he'll get the answer he wants, but Danny White would like an answer from Frost ASAP, one way or another.

As I posted about a week ago, UCF has a contract offer on the table for Frost. Multiple people have whispered about details that may have been misinterpreted into certain salary amounts, which I've learned today isn't an accurate picture of the offer. Unless something has recently changed, the offer isn't necessarily an immediate raise (not $3M next year) but rather a back-loaded contract that would offer Frost a lump sum payment of $5M if he stays a minimum number of years. There is the immediate provision to bump up the staff salary pool though, per the FEF efforts. I'm not sure if that makes a difference right now, in all honesty.

If it's a money issue, UCF cannot compete with these other schools, at least not right now. They have to sell Frost on the long-term vision of being another Bobby Bowden or Frank Beamer, that he can make more money here in the long-run that jumping into a pressure cooker situation that may not last. Of course, for a coach confident in his abilities, just like a four or five-star recruit, that pitch doesn't always work.

Maybe it's just Frost being Frost, but with radio silence from his camp (at least to the best of people's knowledge entering the weekend), that has not been interpreted as a positive sign for UCF. Contingency plans are being made.

I'll be honest - the tone of everything I heard was fairly negative in terms of UCF's hopes of hanging on to Frost. But then I just got another message moments ago indicating Nebraska is most definitely "not a done deal yet" and UCF is doing everything they can to hold on to him.

I have a feeling I will be updating this again. I'm trying to be careful with what I put out there. But for the first time, what had been a positive vibe from these people is now skewing in the other direction.

1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

Time actually isn’t on their side. They can’t win the bidding war. Nebraska can far outspend them. So they will inevitably lose said bidding war and have wasted time and now have no coach. 

Of course this is only relevant if you believe that Frost is going to base this decision on money and an extra 10% would be the deal maker/ breaker for him. I doubt this as well

But I thought Disney funded UCF haha 

1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

I agree.  We have the money and with Frost, I doubt it's all about the money....They can only wait so long.....

6 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Exactly and even if they got him to stay this year (which doesn't seem likely) they'd be fighting the same war next year and the year after that. Really until Frosts stock drops or someone finally lures him away.