** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, RedDenver said:

And? Can two different coaches not share similar qualities we like?

I knew somebody was going to say that.

That's definitely not the point I was trying to make. No, there is no false dichotomy of there only being two options. Obviously a coach can be both.

Just now, Undone said:

I knew somebody was going to say that.

That's definitely not the point I was trying to make. No, there is no false dichotomy of there only being two options. Obviously a coach can be both.

So what was the point of this post then?

6 minutes ago, Undone said:

From the OP of this thread:

"Great demeanor, understands the media's role. Honest, humble, and forthright."

Doesn't that describe Riley? 

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

I think he's suggesting it's a bit ridiculous to say something is a strength for one coach while disregarding the same strength in the other coach.

Nobody has said that Riley doesn't have strengths.  I am not a fan of Riley, but I think he does have some positive characteristics of being a head coach, as listed above.  However, has a lot of negatives that I can think of, and has shown in his career.

• Plus1 1

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Nobody has said that Riley doesn't have strengths.  I am not a fan of Riley, but I think he does have some positive characteristics of being a head coach, as listed above.  However, has a lot of negatives that I can think of, and has shown in his career.

I didn't say that either. Apologies if that was the interpretation. I believe Riley and Frost are both humble and honest coaches and that's my point. 

Just now, Enhance said:

I didn't say that either. Apologies if that was the interpretation. I believe Riley and Frost are both humble and honest coaches and that's my point. 

I think my comments were more targeted towards Undone, rather than you.  I don't have an issue with your post, I was just following up on yours.  A lot of coaches are going to have similar characteristics, but the best ones are able to distinguish themselves from the average ones.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think my comments were more targeted towards Undone, rather than you.  I don't have an issue with your post, I was just following up on yours.  A lot of coaches are going to have similar characteristics, but the best ones are able to distinguish themselves from the average ones.

Ah, mea culpa. :thumbs

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I think he's suggesting it's a bit ridiculous to say something is a strength for one coach while disregarding the same strength in the other coach.

15 minutes ago, Undone said:

That would be correct.

Ok, I agree with that. I thought you were implying that Frost was less desirable simply because he had similar qualities to Riley, which didn't make sense.

4 hours ago, Hunter94 said:

and i don't think Frost is one of them either......he has not been seasoned and tested as a HC.........

Dabo Swinney says hello.  Considering if Riley is fired, we will owe like millions per year to guys who are no longer with NU.  He might be the best get for a reasonable amount of money.  Then again, he might be the best guy period.   Other than a long track record as a HC, what does he lack?  Riley has had a long track record as did his first staff.  They flat out stink....

• Plus1 2
31 minutes ago, lo country said:

Dabo Swinney says hello.  Considering if Riley is fired, we will owe like millions per year to guys who are no longer with NU.  He might be the best get for a reasonable amount of money.  Then again, he might be the best guy period.   Other than a long track record as a HC, what does he lack?  Riley has had a long track record as did his first staff.  They flat out stink....

Dabo took time though. Are you patient enough for that? It's a fair question.

If we don't go for the "good resume guy," at some point we're going to have to ask ourselves who we're willing to be patient for.

Maybe Frost is that guy. It's definitely not Riley. 

6 minutes ago, Undone said:

Dabo took time though. Are you patient enough for that? It's a fair question.

If we don't go for the "good resume guy," at some point we're going to have to ask ourselves who we're willing to be patient for.

Maybe Frost is that guy. It's definitely not Riley. 

Dabo won the division in the ACC his first full year, won the conference his 3rd full year, and the division again in his 4th full year. I don't know how that's saying Dabo "took time". He was winning pretty well in his first few years.

If Frost came in and won two or three division titles and a conference championship in his first 4 years, I would be happy with that. 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Dabo won the division in the ACC his first full year, won the conference his 3rd full year, and the division again in his 4th full year. I don't know how that's saying Dabo "took time". He was winning pretty well in his first few years.

If Frost came in and won two or three division titles and a conference championship in his first 4 years, I would be happy with that. 

At this point I would be happy to catch a hotdog.

• Plus1 1
  • Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic