** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Has there been a list posted of the coaches on Scott's current team who are from Nebraska? 

Greg Austin - O line 

Ryan Held- RB's

Barrett Ruud - Quality Control

Zach Duval - Director of Sports Performance

Gerrod Lambrect - Director of Football Operations (Concordia)

Not sure if there's more..

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I feel like the Malzhan payout is low. I would think less than 25% chance he leaves Auburn this season, especially if they win Saturday.

1 minute ago, grandpasknee said:

Can you please provide some insight for us yokels that don't gamble?  Does this mean they think it is a pretty sure thing Frost goes to Nebraska?

For Frost, you have to bet $250 to win $100.

13 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

I feel like the Malzhan payout is low. I would think less than 25% chance he leaves Auburn this season, especially if they win Saturday.

For Frost, you have to bet $250 to win $100.

Seems like easy money. Is he allowed to place the bet? 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Why would Malzahn even consider Arkansas? He has an existing SEC school primed to make the CFP.

I believe that it has to deal with the boosters at Auburn and their unrealistic expectations.

Edit: I should’ve included this as well but what others have said, Arkansas is his Alma Mater 

Edited by Dewiz

7 minutes ago, husker98 said:

He has deep Arkansas roots. Was an OC there during the Nutt era. Also coached Arky state. May also be an Arkansas native but not sure on that point

He was a highly successul HS coach in Arkansas for a long time, as well. If I remember right, Mitch Mustain was his star QB. 

5 minutes ago, runningblind said:

The same reason Frost would even consider Nebraska.

There is a big difference moving from non-p5 conference to a P5 vs moving within the same P5 conference.   Frost is moving up in terms of ability to compete for a NC. Malzahn seems to be moving down or sideways at best.  Now if the lure of coaching Arkansas is that strong for Gus then he should go for it. I guess I would have expected it to happen the last time Arky had an opening.

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

There is a big difference moving from non-p5 conference to a P5 vs moving within the same P5 conference.   Frost is moving up in terms of ability to compete for a NC. Malzahn seems to be moving down or sideways at best.  Now if the lure of coaching Arkansas is that strong for Gus then he should go for it. I guess I would have expected it to happen the last time Arky had an opening.

With that argument however Frost would have chosen Florida if it is just about winning a title.