** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

27 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

I believe that it has to deal with the boosters at Auburn and their unrealistic expectations.

Edit: I should’ve included this as well but what others have said, Arkansas is his Alma Mater 

Wasn't he on the hot seat before the season started? Seems like I remember recently there was talk about him potentially being fired, then they got hot and of course that talk stopped. 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So you really think Nebraska has no chance of winning a title again but do think Florida does? Just trying to follow your logic.

You were implying that Malzhan would not want to go from Auburn to Arkansas because he has a better chance at winning at Auburn, why should he consider Arkansas.  I said that it was the same reason that Frost would consider Nebraska, personal reasons beyond just winning.  You said it was different going from G5 to P5 vs. P5 to P5 due to chance of winning.

I was stating that if we are only talking about chances of winning, which is where you spun the conversation both times, then Frost would have chosen Florida.

Does Nebraska have a chance of winning a title?  Sure they do.  Does Florida have a much better chance of winning a title?  You bet your grandpa.

Frost wants to come here for sentimental reasons, don't kid yourself that it is an easier road to a title in Nebraska than it is in Florida.  Malzhan would seem to have a similar mindset.

Edited by runningblind

The Frost craze had me re-watching the '97 Tennessee last night. Some takeaways:

1 - Scott Frost said on being a player in Osbornes last game, (paraphrased) "We feel privileged to play in his last game because we will be the last team he remembers coaching."

2 - Frost was our first 1,000/1,000 QB that year. We've had two since (Crouch and Martinez both achieved this once a piece). I'd bet Frost's offense brings some more. 

3 - Kind of wish Frost's offense utilized a full-back. Joel Makovicka was key in the Frost-Green run game. Hoping he uses TE's well here too, Frost to Sheldon Jackson was a good combo.

4 - Our defense was young, but our offensive line was full of 4th and 5th year starters. Hope we can build that depth again.

5 - Peyton Manning is a ten gallon head loser.

• Plus1 1
55 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

He was a highly successul HS coach in Arkansas for a long time, as well. If I remember right, Mitch Mustain was his star QB. 

You are in fact correct. They won a state title together. Arky gave Malzahan the job of OC to help land mustain if I remember correctly

• Plus1 1