CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

83 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2018 at 02:55 AM

2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Transferring doesn't cost you a year of eligibility. Unless I'm not remembering correctly.

Yes it does; you have to sit a year if you go from FBS to FBS. That's why Lee wasn't eligible last year (not that it would have mattered). 

There are special exemptions, but they are few and far between. That, and 5th year seniors can transfer if they have eligibility and the school they want to go to has a graduate program that their current school does not. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Yes it does; you have to sit a year if you go from FBS to FBS. That's why Lee wasn't eligible last year (not that it would have mattered). 

There are special exemptions, but they are few and far between. That, and 5th year seniors can transfer if they have eligibility and the school they want to go to has a graduate program that their current school does not. 

I know it cost you an 'actual' year, but if you spend your fresh/soph years at, say Tulane; when you transfer to Nebraska you'll still have your junior/senior years of eligibility....

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
13 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I now it cost you an 'actual' year, but if you spend your fresh/soph years at, say Tulane; when you transfer to Nebraska you'll still have your junior/senior years of eligibility....

If you have a redshirt available, yes. If not, you miss a year. For example, when Lee originally transferred, he only had 1 year of eligibility because he used his RS at Tulane. He got a second year added on after petitioning the NCAA. So, if POB transfers after this year, he'd lose his Sophomore year because he's already redshirted; he'd have 2 years at his new school. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

If you have a redshirt available, yes. If not, you miss a year. For example, when Lee originally transferred, he only had 1 year of eligibility because he used his RS at Tulane. He got a second year added on after petitioning the NCAA. So, if POB transfers after this year, he'd lose his Sophomore year because he's already redshirted; he'd have 2 years at his new school. 

Huh, interesting... not the way I thought it worked, but now I know!

• Plus1 1

The best thing for Bookie is for Riley to be fired. He can switch commitment to Clemson and look honorable in doing so.  

People are insane to think kids with the caliber of our current 6 4* recruits for 2018 are seriously coming here if Riley stays. They want to win.  They look at the sh!t show we put on week after week, the poor roster management, the completely clueless pressers and lack of development and they'll give a big hell no to the program.  They won't be coming if Riley stays either.....His dismissal is a way to bow out gracefully for the kids.

Watch film on Bookie.  Kid is a ball hawking freak.  A physical, press CB.  You think he wants to play in our scheme i.e. 10 yards off he ball........Or come here as   CB and get moved to his "natural position" at safety where he can be the "best safety in the nation"......

Best of luck to all the kids who go elsewhere.

Hope Bookie ends up at Clemson if he dumps NU.  Venables and Reed at Clemson will have him balling out in no time.

• Plus1 6
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic