***Official Northwestern Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Our O-line is really young both right guard and tackle are freshman (left guard and tackle are juniors I believe).  even with that excuse, currently there is only one lineman on the 2018 commit list.  looks like Riley is only recruiting skill players (WR etc.).  He has done more damage to this program than Bill Callahan ever did. it will probably be years before NU is in the conference championship game much less relevant on the college football scene again. 

• Plus1 1

37 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

I don't know.  I dont want to make a rash decision, such as letting him go just yet.  I would like about seven more years to decide.  It has only been like 36 games he has coached here which really isn't enough to judge.  Besides he is such a nice guy I really want it to work for him!  

Lets face it, you don't really need a running game in football these days, you need a guy who really commits to passing about 55 to 70 times a game.  

Also, it is an unreal expectation to think NU can win championships in this day and age.  It is too hard to get the five star guys to Lincoln.  And the local boys are unimportant.  We should lower our expectations, and just have fun with all these close games! 

You forgot about how defense and special teams are also overrated.  I can't imagine the state of the program with 7 more years of this.

Many people said Northwestern Chicago was a great team. Does anyone think that now? The BIG is not great. We are very ungreat. Nothing like snatching defeat from victory.

Anyone else think Morgan Jr. at QB, Spielman at WB ,and Ozigbo at IB gives us a better chance in every game?

Is there ever a time when rushing 3 and playing 20 yards back from receivers is a good thing.....a punt maybe?

59 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

What irks me the most is the careless attitude of our coach versus the fire in the eyes of coach Fitz. We have a pathetic loser leading us. If Moos has any stones, he would fire this miserable gum chewing loser before midnight.

Riley definitely embraces the underdog roll based on how his teams play. That's why I never understood the hire. The guy is a career underdog and was hired to win championship? Makes no sense 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, dvdcrr said:

I don't know.  I dont want to make a rash decision, such as letting him go just yet.  I would like about seven more years to decide.  It has only been like 36 games he has coached here which really isn't enough to judge.  Besides he is such a nice guy I really want it to work for him!  

Lets face it, you don't really need a running game in football these days, you need a guy who really commits to passing about 55 to 70 times a game.  

Also, it is an unreal expectation to think NU can win championships in this day and age.  It is too hard to get the five star guys to Lincoln.  And the local boys are unimportant.  We should lower our expectations, and just have fun with all these close games! 

I hate the "five star guys to Lincoln argument" look at Texas with there four and five star guys, they look as good at us. Look at Wisconsin's two and three star guys compared to us, there undefeated and ranked 9 in the country. Also our four star Lamar Jackson is sure giving us a lot too lol. It's coaching and recruiting. But a good coach can make a good team with what he has got. But Riley can't do this. 

8 hours ago, hskrpwr13 said:

I'm actually glad someone took the loss negatively. I generally see to much jocularity after losses for my liking.

Yeah, the kid was disappointed in the loss. I know there’s the old saying of “keep your head up” but NU just lost for the 4th time at home this season. As much as it sucks for fans, it has to suck 10 times more to most of those players.