Tanner Lee Declares for NFL Draft

Lee in the Draft  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Or as i say, I'd become a doctor if it weren't for those whiney sick people.

Every year within a week of school letting for the summer, with the floors all waxed, slicked and shiny, the urine smelled bleached out the bathrooms, and the loud florescent lights dimmed to an almost ambient level, I say that schools are a nice place-when no kids are there.  

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Every year within a week of school letting for the summer, with the floors all waxed, slicked and shiny, the urine smelled bleached out the bathrooms, and the loud florescent lights dimmed to an almost ambient level, I say that schools are a nice place-when no kids are there.  

Honestly, watching Tanner yesterday confirmed what a lot of folks thought.  Last season was a complete disaster.  I personally blamed a lot on the OL, but after yesterday, I feel confident that it was a complete staff/scheme/culture/square peg round hole etc.......

So looking forward to a coach and staff moving forward with this team in a unified vision and a definitive culture and scheme.

His only chance to get an NFL shot was IF he stayed in Lincoln another year and demonstrated much more than what he did last year.   Obviously, he wasn't good last year and will NOT be drafted.   There are only a a select few QB spots open each year and you need to be one of the top 5 QBs nationwide.   He WAS NOT even top 5 in the Big Ten.  

Anyone know if he withdraws from the NFL draft if he can opt to stay in school in Lincoln?   Assuming Frost would let him as a walk-on?   He might well have a chance to be a coach somewhere as a career future.  High school or something?  Whoever advised him to go pro was a fool or idiot.  

28 minutes ago, lo country said:

Honestly, watching Tanner yesterday confirmed what a lot of folks thought.  Last season was a complete disaster.  I personally blamed a lot on the OL, but after yesterday, I feel confident that it was a complete staff/scheme/culture/square peg round hole etc.......

So looking forward to a coach and staff moving forward with this team in a unified vision and a definitive culture and scheme.

it really was.  I'm not even sure if Riley was hired to be a coach or a gentle figure head.  It's nice to sped money on assistants but they are not the coach and I think ours were expected to.  They needed a leader too.  I feel some guilt for the assistants and players.  They deserved so much better.  

6 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

His only chance to get an NFL shot was IF he stayed in Lincoln another year and demonstrated much more than what he did last year.   Obviously, he wasn't good last year and will NOT be drafted.   There are only a a select few QB spots open each year and you need to be one of the top 5 QBs nationwide.   He WAS NOT even top 5 in the Big Ten.  

Anyone know if he withdraws from the NFL draft if he can opt to stay in school in Lincoln?   Assuming Frost would let him as a walk-on?   He might well have a chance to be a coach somewhere as a career future.  High school or something?  Whoever advised him to go pro was a fool or idiot.  

Maybe, but when he declared for the draft I don't think there was a lot of others going so maybe he thought the QB pool would be small?  Do you see him getting better if he had another year?  I think he's pretty much set in his ability and injury/coaching change/potentially few other QB's in the draft might have been the smart way to go.  

9 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

He is going to get drafted. Im telling you. At the very least he will sign undrafted.

You guys completely underestimate the QB situation in the NFL.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

This is a patently false statement.  Last year alone there were 10 QBs drafted.  The year before?  15.  Lee absolutely made the right move going pro this year, he's going to get drafted in one of the later rounds more likely than not and he'll be able to make a few bucks along the way.  Him staying in Lincoln this year would've been a total waste of time for him professionally.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position

Edited by Xmas32
  • Plus1 3

I wouldn't have been shocked to see Martinez, Vedral, POB and Gebbia all being on front of him on the depth chart next season. Best case scenario I think he would've been 3rd string. Entering the draft was pretty obviously the best choice. I don't think he'll make a living playing football but I'd definitely try if I was in his position.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 2
15 hours ago, KingBlank said:

Tommy was 1000 times the quarterback Lee was

Lee threw twice as many picks in 2017 as Armstrong did in 2016. Even considering that Lee had more attempts than Armstrong, it's still pretty crazy.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Old Nebraska Guy said:

"....can he return to school and football?"

It depends on whether Lee has hired an agent.  Also, some of these All Star games pay the players.  Don't remember which ones.  Both cases would end your college eligibility.

The hire an agent rule only applies for kids declaring for the NBA.  Once you declare for the NFL, you are done in college.

1 hour ago, Toe said:

Lee threw twice as many picks in 2017 as Armstrong did in 2016. Even considering that Lee had more attempts than Armstrong, it's still pretty crazy.

In a Riley offense, which quarterback would you rather have?  Armstrong couldn't throw a lick, but could scramble.  Lee had a Herculean arm, but couldn't scramble and had a knack for throwing to the other team, although a certain number (small) were truly not his fault.  Both had a crappy o-line. Both appear to be nice, hardworking kids.  Given the offensive line, I'd definitely take Armstrong but I'm not sure anyone QB would have consistently thrived.  

• Plus1 1