Jump to content

Russia


Recommended Posts

Just now, NM11046 said:

Just yesterday there was a GOP candidate (in DE) who made the claim that she could relate more to Putin because of his christianity than Biden.  Just think about that.  Really think.

 

 

 

Well, with a lot of so-called Christians who support bigotry and hatred of LGBTQ+ people and other minority groups, it's not surprising they think they could relate more to power-hungry dictator.

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

After the images of the siege of Kyiv come out what will be the political consequences be for the Trumpist Putin apologists?  It seems siding with a murderous dictator who invaded sovereign nations wouldn't play well in the court of public opinion but maybe "own the libs" is more important.

They blame Biden. Why? Good luck getting a good answer. But its Bidens fault all this is happening because well...BIDEN! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
24 minutes ago, nic said:

I heard Psaki say the leases are not being utilized. I wonder why. There must be some business decision at play. with the price of oil it might have been a bad one. I know the Saudi’s tried to tank our fracking industry with low prices and it generally worked. I am not sure we can get there with alternative energy very quickly. How about Breeder reactors? A lot of bang for buck and less used up real-estate. I am open to every and all options.

US Oil field production has gone up since the low of the summer of 2020 during the pandemic.  It's only beaten by the year prior to the pandemic.

 

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS2&f=M

 

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/oil-and-petroleum-products/imports-and-exports.php

 

 

Quote

 

The United States was a net total energy exporter in 2019 and 2020

Up to the early 1950s, the United States imported relatively small amounts of energy.1 In the mid-1950s, the United States began to import greater amounts of crude oil and petroleum products (such as gasoline and distillate fuels) to fill the gap between petroleum consumption and domestic production.

Total U.S. annual primary energy net imports (imports minus exports) generally increased in most years since the mid-1950s and reached a record high in 2005, equal to about 30% of total U.S. energy consumption. Since 2005, total annual energy imports have decreased and total energy exports have increased. The United States became a net total energy exporter in 2019 for the first time since 1952 and maintained that position in 2020 even though both total energy production and consumption were lower in 2020 than in 2019. Total U.S. energy exports exceeded total energy imports by 3.46 quadrillion British thermal units (quads) in 2020, the largest margin on record. U.S. energy exports in 2020 totaled 23.47 quads, and energy imports fell 13% to 20.0 quads, the lowest level since 1992.

 

 

 

So, I guess I'm failing to see how Biden needs to change his energy policies to become more energy independent.  They can't force companies to use the leases.  There is a chance that over the last two years, these companies have purchased so many leases, they don't have the capacity to drill that many wells all at once.

  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, I guess I'm failing to see how Biden needs to change his energy policies to become more energy independent.  They can't force companies to use the leases.  There is a chance that over the last two years, these companies have purchased so many leases, they don't have the capacity to drill that many wells all at once.

 

There's not a lot of thought behind this. It really boils down to "Biden = Bad" as the default thought. 

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment
46 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Just yesterday there was a GOP candidate (in DE) who made the claim that she could relate more to Putin because of his christianity than Biden.  Just think about that.  Really think.

 

 

 

Murdering innocent people in a sovereign state is the new pro-life stance.

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

US Oil field production has gone up since the low of the summer of 2020 during the pandemic.  It's only beaten by the year prior to the pandemic.

 

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS2&f=M

 

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/oil-and-petroleum-products/imports-and-exports.php

 

 

 

 

So, I guess I'm failing to see how Biden needs to change his energy policies to become more energy independent.  They can't force companies to use the leases.  There is a chance that over the last two years, these companies have purchased so many leases, they don't have the capacity to drill that many wells all at once.

Why is the US importing so much more Russian oil and petroleum products in 2021 compared to 2020, 2019, and 2018?  By your standard in another thread, Biden must support Russia. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

LOL....wow....that's a huge leap.

You claimed people supported Russia or Putin because they had the sin of smiling at a conference.   Well, What about a President importing more Russian oil and petroleum products?  
 

I mean you seem fine denigrating people you know nothing about because of a 4 second video, so why not carry that thought process to our government official giving more funds to a regime like Putin?    It’s your rules we are playing by.  
 

Now about the question of importing more Russian oil and petroleum products? 

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

You claimed people supported Russia or Putin because they had the sin of smiling at a conference.   Well, What about a President importing more Russian oil and petroleum products?  
 

I mean you seem fine denigrating people you know nothing about because of a 4 second video, so why not carry that thought process to our government official giving more funds to a regime like Putin?    It’s your rules we are playing by.  
 

Now about the question of importing more Russian oil and petroleum products? 

What's the percent increase in Russian oil importing since last year? 2 years ago? 10 years ago?

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

You claimed people supported Russia or Putin because they had the sin of smiling at a conference.   Well, What about a President importing more Russian oil and petroleum products?  
 

I mean you seem fine denigrating people you know nothing about because of a 4 second video, so why not carry that thought process to our government official giving more funds to a regime like Putin?    It’s your rules we are playing by.  
 

Now about the question of importing more Russian oil and petroleum products? 

There's a big difference between going to a convention to cheer on people who admire Putin and root for him....and buying oil that is produced from a certain country.  

Link to comment
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...