Options for Game #12

Red Five

2 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Not really negative considering they have outscored us 102-3 the last two years with essentially a lot of the same starters on our team. We have a ways to go to catch up and year 1 is not the year IMO. If we do win I will go shot to shot with my mom and she has no liver so Im f#&%ed. 

Not disputing or agreeing with anything else said, but they’ve actually outscored us 118-17

On 9/2/2018 at 4:02 PM, Hayseed said:

Why wouldn't we reschedule Akron for Dec. 1 then?

Are we going to pay them another seven-figure buy?  I can't imagine that.  Akron already got paid, what is in it for them to come play for free a 2nd time?  Nothing.  

I don't see any resolution that makes sense other than an 11 game regular season, and hope we can claw 6 wins out of those 11 to give Coach Frost and his staff some much needed December practice time with the young team.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

My thought as well. Last year was last year. If you think it matters what Iowa State did vs Iowa last year, you probably think we're gonna win 4 games this season.

Do you think Nebraska would win 4 games this year if they had the same coaching staff as last year? 

• Haha 1

Email from the University:

You are receiving this as a season-ticket holder or single-game buyer for the Sept. 1 Nebraska-Akron football game. 

We understand your disappointment regarding last Saturday’s football game not being played and appreciate your patience as we actively work toward adding a home game to complete our 2018 regular-season schedule. 

As stated on the back of every printed ticket, the University of Nebraska does not issue refunds. However, if another home game is scheduled during the 2018 season, the Nebraska Athletic Ticket Office will provide new tickets to both season-ticket holders and single-game ticket buyers who purchased tickets through Nebraska Athletics. 

Fans who purchased tickets through a third-party need to contact that provider for answers regarding their ticket policies. 

Thanks for your continued support of Nebraska Athletics and we look forward to seeing you again this season at Memorial Stadium. 

Go Big Red! 

• Plus1 2

So....thinking about how Moos needs to be studying this issue.  I'm puzzled as to how I would have to handle it.

Obviously, the easiest option would be to schedule Akron on December 1st.  However, that doesn't work if either are in their CCG.  So....if you're sitting in your office in any way confident in your program, you have to leave that date open...OR....schedule Akron with the understanding that their's a chance that game isn't played and you end up with only 11.

So...your next option is October 27th.  What is the last date you could commit to that?  Before that date, we have 

9/22 Michigan

9/29 Purdue

10/06 Wisconsin

10/13 Northwestern

10/20 Minnesota

Obviously, the other team (FCS) needs time to make plans.

In my mind, the other team would need a month to get the plans in place to come to Lincoln.  So, I'm guessing that after the Michigan game, you would need to make a decision one way or the other at the latest.

So..if you are 3-0 after Michigan, you go with the FCS on October 27th?  Or, if you lost to Michigan, you take a chance on Akron December 1st?

Welp, so more options just opened up for a bye week opponent thanks to the hurricane.  Both the NC State and UNC games were cancelled.   Just a quick cursory look, one of the 4 teams impacted also has a bye 10/27.   Since they were playing at NC St, maybe they wouldn't mind playing a road game at Lincoln that day??   How fun would it be to get UCF up here for that game??

7 minutes ago, sho said:

Welp, so more options just opened up for a bye week opponent thanks to the hurricane.  Both the NC State and UNC games were cancelled.   Just a quick cursory look, one of the 4 teams impacted also has a bye 10/27.   Since they were playing at NC St, maybe they wouldn't mind playing a road game at Lincoln that day??   How fun would it be to get UCF up here for that game??

I would rather play a gimme game.

• Plus1 1