Tyjon Lindsey No Longer a Husker

32 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

The timeline of his hospitalization doesn't really matter.  He didn't have to go to the hospital because he wasn't buying in.

No need to bash the kid. 

Oh, so the timeline doesn’t matter now that it doesn’t fit your narrative? 

Where am I bashing the kid? By stating facts. 

• Plus1 1

I’m just mad over the loss of the dream of best case scenario from when he signed. I had hopes that we would watch him do well as a freshman, then grow and develop to all conference type player as a jr/sr and watch him tear up our opponents. Now that is officially not in the cards, which is tough.  Maybe he’ll never be that type of a player, a true bust, which is heartbreaking for all. Maybe he will be good in a year or two but somewhere else, which is great for him, heartbreaking for us.  Maybe Warner steps up and becomes all conference in his place, heartbreaking for him, great for us. In the end, the whys don’t matter.  We lost a player who we had hoped would be great and really we are all just bitter that greatness did not pan out. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Husker03 said:

I’m just mad over the loss of the dream of best case scenario from when he signed. I had hopes that we would watch him do well as a freshman, then grow and develop to all conference type player as a jr/sr and watch him tear up our opponents. Now that is officially not in the cards, which is tough.  Maybe he’ll never be that type of a player, a true bust, which is heartbreaking for all. Maybe he will be good in a year or two but somewhere else, which is great for him, heartbreaking for us.  Maybe Warner steps up and becomes all conference in his place, heartbreaking for him, great for us. In the end, the whys don’t matter.  We lost a player who we had hoped would be great and really we are all just bitter that greatness did not pan out. 

Sentiment shared

5 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

My "narrative" is he went to the hospital. Winter, spring, summer, on the moon. He went. 

You do realize there is a difference between being so out of shape that you end up in the hospital versus "He bulked up so much this summer he put himself in the hospital", right?

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Let's see if we can hand that sucker out to a high schooler first. 

And NOT give it to someone (Warner) who elevated themselves from Walk-on to Starter?

Unplug your computer.

Disconnect the router.

Unplug the monitor.

Unplug your TV.

Throw them in the trash.

You don't seem to understand being rewarded for hard work.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Yes. There is. Is he out of shape right now? 

That wasn't really my initial argument. I originally was just correcting you by stating he was put in the hospital after one practice, not after a summer of bulking.

As for your question, over the first few games he doesn't look like he was that out of shape more so he lacked effort. There is a reason he was pulled from the game and, as others and myself have stated, demoted to the freshman locker room.

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I wonder if there was more to it than just development.  Perhaps this is where a buy in issue was festering

Or maybe its as simple as he was over rated by 247 at a .97. I for one did not see any elite athletic ability. I dont think development has anything to do with raw athletic ability or speed. I just didnt see it.

13 minutes ago, bobsmithers said:

And NOT give it to someone (Warner) who elevated themselves from Walk-on to Starter?

Unplug your computer.

Disconnect the router.

Unplug the monitor.

Unplug your TV.

Throw them in the trash.

You don't seem to understand being rewarded for hard work.

If you want this rebuild to take another 2-3 years, go ahead. 

If you want to find kids that can start and fill glaring holes at multiple, impact spots, then use that scholarship where it should be: on a kid in the 2019 class. #FiveStarHeart

2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Or maybe its as simple as he was over rated by 247 at a .97. I for one did not see any elite athletic ability. I dont think development has anything to do with raw athletic ability or speed. I just didnt see it.

I don't think he was overrated based on how he did in HS.  But everyone can have their own opinion of that.

But if he was asked to play a certain position and he didn't like that and is now transferring, that leads me to believe he didn't want to buy in.

Plus there had been whispers of some character issues since he stepped on campus that the previous coaching staff either ignored, tried to cover up, or both.

• Plus1 1