** 2019 Opponent Previews : Ohio State (Game 5) **

Hard to tell about OSU. They've played teams that are not in their league, not much pressure, connected on a bunch of long pass plays. I'd pressure them just for the heck of it.  I know big national games have been a disaster lately but maybe this will be a turning point where all of our guys come out and take turns making big plays. We should go ahead and play the game just to see what happens. I remember the Twins manager commenting during the '91 World Series that a Braves pitcher was so good they should probably just forfeit the game.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m so tired of seeing people say this. 

There is a chance OSU is going to blow out everyone this year. There is also a chance we catch them just right and beat them. 

Who gives a rip if it’s on national tv?

Because it gives a lot of buildup and visibility, which is great if we can hang with the opponent, but hurts our national perception and therefore our recruiting if we get whipped. If we beat tOSU, then it's a huge win for national perception and recruiting. We certainly have a chance to beat them and a decent chance to hang with them, but IMO tOSU is running on all cylinders and is going to put the hurt on us.

Just now, 4skers89 said:

There is one component missing from this game compared to recent big games that adds to the disappointment afterwards.  The pollsters weren't cruel enough to put us in the top 25.

They did that so it doesn't look bad when we rush the field and tear down the goal posts

• Plus1 1

20 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Because it gives a lot of buildup and visibility, which is great if we can hang with the opponent, but hurts our national perception and therefore our recruiting if we get whipped. If we beat tOSU, then it's a huge win for national perception and recruiting. We certainly have a chance to beat them and a decent chance to hang with them, but IMO tOSU is running on all cylinders and is going to put the hurt on us.

It should be if we can hang, it should be if we can beat. We need to stop thinking the worst every-time we play a damn quality opponent. We as fans need to stop with that line of thinking.

• Plus1 2
21 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Meh.....

I honestly can not remember ever having a conversation with a football fan saying...."wow...I bet XYZ U wishes they didn't have ESPN Gameday there when they got blown out."

Some Husker fans are so stinking concerned about looking bad when Gameday is here.  Guess what....we are a featured game in the evening nationwide NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

Do you really think fewer people would notice us losing (if we do) if Gameday weren't here?

Sometimes I think there are Husker fans that are embarrassed they are Husker fans.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Ohio State is 3rd in the nation in scoring (53.5) and 3rd in the nation in scoring defense (9.00) 

Chase Young is tied for 1st in the nation in sacks

JK Dobbins is 5th in the nation in rushing yards 

Illinois had a NCAA sack leader last week. How many sacks did they tally? 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1