** 2019 Opponent Previews : Colorado (Game 2) **

1 hour ago, Salsa Red said:

Here's a simulation of NU CU on NCAA 14 with updated rosters: Close game that reminded me of last years game a lot.

I just skipped around a bunch watching this, but I saw two Pickering missed field goals which seems weird as he was super accurate at the end of the season. Also, if a Scott Frost offense is only putting up 24 points in year two we either have a massive drop off in offense this year or Colorado has a top 10 defense this year which I don't think they will. However, almost giving up a 24-3 lead in the 4th quarter brings back bad memories from last year. If this ends up a close game I am thinking it'll be like 45-42 Nebraska or something.

52 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Ok.  Moore was an All-American AS A TRUE FRESHMEN and absolutely TORCHED Ohio State.  It took him a little bit to get going because he played high school the season before, but he had more receptions than any player in the country and totaled 1500 yards from scrimmage and 14 TD as an 18 year old.

Everyone has their opinion.  I take Moore 10 times out of 10 over Shenault, and I'd take Jonathon Taylor over Shenault as well.

I don't really disagree, in a vacuum I'd probably have the same order. But it's not like Shenault was a fifth year senior, it's comparing a true freshman to two true sophmores in Taylor and Shenault. I just think it's close enough that there's an argument for each of them. And if we're going by what they did to us last year Purdue and Wisconsin would have won without Moore and Taylor, although both contributed a lot. Colorado wouldn't have without Shenault.

4 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I don't really disagree, in a vacuum I'd probably have the same order. But it's not like Shenault was a fifth year senior, it's comparing a true freshman to two true sophmores in Taylor and Shenault. I just think it's close enough that there's an argument for each of them. And if we're going by what they did to us last year Purdue and Wisconsin would have won without Moore and Taylor, although both contributed a lot. Colorado wouldn't have without Shenault.

Fair.  They are all three a nightmare and will be difficult.

If we're going by the bolded, maybe we should be worried about Jacob Callier...lol

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

It's closer than you think. Numbers aren't everything, but:

Shenault: 8.4 catches per game, 112.3 ypg, 11.8 ypc, 11 total touchdowns. 115 rushing yards, 6.8 ypc.

Moore: 8.8 catches per game, 96.8 ypg, 11.0 ypc, 14 total touchdowns. 213 rushing yards, 10.9 ypc.

Shenault played 9 games and Moore played 13 which is most of the difference in their numbers. If they played the same number of games, Moore only wins in catches (barely) and yards per carry (significantly) - but neither ran the ball very often. Moore adds returns as well, but honestly he was not a good returner last year. 20.1 yards per kick return and 6.8 per punt return, no touchdowns. Moore is absolutely a more exciting player to watch, has more highlight-reel plays, and gets bonus points for playing B1G defenses instead of Pac-12, but there are arguments for Shenault here.

I'm biased towards Shenault but that's mostly due to the heaps of money he won for me in CFB daily fantasy last year.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Reds  should have been banned after Tarmon Ga'idon. Stilled even.

That’s an overreaction. I’m sure there are some good ones, they just didnt get written about because that’s boring. We can’t get too spoilery though, I know at least one person here is reading it.

1 hour ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Elaida...well...we won't get to spoilery....

Who is reading The Wheel of Time series? (I've read it twice and the first 6 or 7 books, 3 times.)

Btw, as a man, I don't think that was an overreaction based on what was written about the Reds. Just saying...

Enhance is/was reading them.

I agree they're mostly a bunch of a**holes and many of them deserve that. But there are examples of Reds in the books that weren't. E.g. one of the later introduced characters was just a Red because she wanted to hunt darkfriends.

• 2 weeks later...

“Every now and then there’s something that pops up that I didn’t anticipate, but we’ll handle it,” Tucker said.

-https://www.buffzone.com/2019/08/10/rooney-mental-toughness-sharpening-for-cu-buffs-under-mel-tucker/amp/

As I’ve previously alluded to, this is why I’m so confident in this particular game. His biggest game of the year, a game he’s helped put a target on, is game 2. 

• Haha 1