Dedrick Mills

18 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Hoping Mills can start hot like this next year but that requires to OL to not be terrible to start off a season again. 

I actually believe our OL will be very good next year.  We are questionable at many positions next year, but OL is our deepest position for next year, not losing anyone, some of our best young recruits, and maybe even Gaylord back.  Next year we should have no trouble running the ball.  

• 1 year later...

5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

A quick decision would seem to be more likely a decision to leave, imo.

An RB can't wait around, his body is going to get too beat up, but I don't think he's shown enough on film to get anything more than a shot at practice squad. Another year of development might actually help him.

He's gotta work on his vision. He can run like a sledgehammer when healthy though.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

An RB can't wait around, his body is going to get too beat up, but I don't think he's shown enough on film to get anything more than a shot at practice squad. Another year of development might actually help him.

He's gotta work on his vision. He can run like a sledgehammer when healthy though.

Yeah, I don't see a future in the NFL for him. Might as well advance that free education a little more before heading to Canada.

• Plus1 2

He isn't going to get drafted. He would be better off in the long-run to return, get some more degree based credits (or graduate....no clue where he is at on the path to graduation or getting a masters degree) and a strong 2021 season could possibly get him a shot at the NFL. It isn't happening this year for a shot at the NFL. 

• Thanks 1

Mills isn’t coming back, and he’d be smart to give the NFL a shot. He battled a knee injury this year, but got healthy for one final game and played well. He probably won’t be drafted, but will probably get into a training camp as a free agent. From there, it’s a long shot to make a roster, but if he can play on special teams coverage he may have a shot.

He’s not going to get “better” or more talented by coming back for another year at NU. He has his degree, so he could very well just be ready to move on from college. If he’s going to put in all that work to play football, he might as well do it to try and earn a paycheck. 

• Plus1 1
54 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Mills isn’t coming back, and he’d be smart to give the NFL a shot. He battled a knee injury this year, but got healthy for one final game and played well. He probably won’t be drafted, but will probably get into a training camp as a free agent. From there, it’s a long shot to make a roster, but if he can play on special teams coverage he may have a shot.

He’s not going to get “better” or more talented by coming back for another year at NU. He has his degree, so he could very well just be ready to move on from college. If he’s going to put in all that work to play football, he might as well do it to try and earn a paycheck. 

Yeah, you're right. Nebraska needs him more than he needs Nebraska at this point.... I wouldn't rule out him staying, though. 

• Plus1 2