*** 2019 Game 6 "Expert" Picks: Northwestern At Nebraska ***

I kind of assume Frost will come out trying hard to make the power run game work in this one. Hopefully he's not too gun shy to throw the ball after the Ohio State game. 

Wisconsin couldn't run all that well on these guys. Have to get the ball to the edges of the field with our fast guys.

48 minutes ago, Undone said:

Yep. A stat that I haven't really heard anybody talking about. 

NW stood there in run fit and just moved towards Taylor, instead of just mindlessly pounding into the line with their linebackers like Michigan did.

It'll be interesting to see if more teams look at and use NW's model to help slow Taylor down. You won't stop him, but slowing him down and producing some level of offense could help a team beat them.

7 minutes ago, Undone said:

I kind of assume Frost will come out trying hard to make the power run game work in this one. Hopefully he's not too gun shy to throw the ball after the Ohio State game. 

Wisconsin couldn't run all that well on these guys. Have to get the ball to the edges of the field with our fast guys.

NW's defense is built to stop Wisconsin but not our attack. If we were hitting on all cylinaders we are a horrible matchup for this defense. That said with how mistake prone our offense is they will give us fits.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Igetbored216 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Northwestern's offense comes alive in this game. Huskers seem to always bring out the best in opponents. (Probably more of a knock against the Huskers than anything). 

I expect the Huskers to turn it over two or three times to make it close. Honestly, I'm not sure which team I am picking yet. 

It's almost predictable due to it being unexpected while providing maximum disappointment for us fans.  NW offense hasn't looked good so naturally they light up our defense.  We know we can't turn the ball over and have a lot of penalties so of course that is what happens.  Another close game with the purple people that either team could win.

On 10/2/2019 at 9:21 AM, hskrfan4life said:

Why Ohio State Will Win

Northwestern’s offense is AWFUL. Yeah, the Huskers might not have the team many were hoping for, and the offense hasn’t been quite as amazing as expected, but before the Ohio State loss, the O was still able to score. Northwestern? It scored 30 on a miserable UNLV team, and hasn’t done anything against anyone else. Eventually, once he’s able to settle down and relax a bit, QB Hunter Johnson will be terrific. But for right now, he’s not able to do much of anything – failing to connect on half of his passes so far with one touchdown pass and four picks. As always, this is a plucky team that finds ways to drag opponents down to its level – witness the way-too-tough-to-put-away fight for Wisconsin last week – but it shouldn’t take more than a few early Husker scores to apply the knockout punch.

Didn't realize Ohio State was playing.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 2

I'm not marking down any game as a win.  NU has shown an incredible ability to play down to the copetion, make pedestrian QB's look like Hypesma hopefuls and find a way tp squander games.  With that said, I'll be shocked if we lose.  

This is the type of game that NU needs to come out and throat punch from the start to the finish...

• Plus1 1
On 10/2/2019 at 9:28 AM, CapoValley said:

If they can’t win this game there probably isn’t a bowl in Nebraska’s future 

It would really hurt.  But we still have very winnable games against Purdue, Indiana, Maryland and Minnesota.  I am Hoping we see improvement as the year goes on  where Iowa is winnable.

Will be a dog fight.  NW is built to compete in the big ten west.  They know what they need to do to be in close games, and win them ugly.  With no kicking game, poor special teams play, and an ability to turn the ball over at any moment will make this game a barn burner.  With that said NW is pretty bad in offense this year.  I take The good guys by 3, 27-24.  

I just hope this team can show some improvement.  It was last year against Northwestern a game in which I was lucky enough to be at in which ironically due to the Akron cancellation was also Nebraska's 6th game just like this year.  That game the light bulb seemed to come on and even though we lost you saw the team start coming together and playing much much better football.  

6th game of the year once again.  Against Northwestern once again.  Much different Nebraska team though.  I hope we see more than just a win tomorrow but If not still prepared to wait for things to start take their course with Frost and co and the program in the way they're wanting it to.

2 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I just hope this team can show some improvement.  It was last year against Northwestern a game in which I was lucky enough to be at in which ironically due to the Akron cancellation was also Nebraska's 6th game just like this year.  That game the light bulb seemed to come on and even though we lost you saw the team start coming together and playing much much better football.  

6th game of the year once again.  Against Northwestern once again.  Much different Nebraska team though.  I hope we see more than just a win tomorrow but If not still prepared to wait for things to start take their course with Frost and co and the program in the way they're wanting it to.

I still think that this game last year was lost more because of coaching decisions at the end of the game than players screwing up on the field.