Concerning

3 hours ago, lo country said:

The bottom line is that if guys are not buying in after 2 years and are allowed to continue to play, that is on the staff.  If guys are seen not warming up properly ie sweats at Minnie and it is not corrected, that's on the staff.  TO have Wan'dale call them out after single handedly trying to win the game should embarrass those guys.  If we had a team with he and a few other guys mentality (Luke, JoJo, Noah, JD) we'd be in good shape.  

Frost gets a pass because he is Frost.  That's also the bottom line IMHO.  At the end of last year, going 4-2 with no blow out losses, Riley's guys and the culture seemed ok.  I know Frost said most of the guys had bought in after Purdue or NW (I can't remember the game). 

Maybe starting Jurgens over Farniok has caused a rift.  Keeping Mo for as long as he did.  Maybe guys are seeing the same concerns we have ie play calling (re-rea game threads), some poor coaching decisions (TO to start the half against CU), inability to adjust . Maybe I am player "X" and the guy in front of me is good for a penalty or 3 a game and nothing happens......Crap like that wears on a player.  And what game plan doesn't include force feeding the ball to JD as a receiver, RB, Duck R whatever......

Maybe after 2 beat downs, guys are starting to doubt the process.  Getting pushed around on the LOS.  Last night the announcers made the comment after the Noa strip and fumble that the DL who hustled down showed desire and want to and that was what made that play.  Not athleticism.....  

I remember when Frost made a comment about they know how to win and what works pointing back to UCF.  Very true, they have a blueprint, but that was for the AAC......Not the B1G.  

Before posters jump on, I think FROST was and is the right hire.  If he can not do this, no one can. Firing him is not the answer.  I look at his staff and I see some  inexperience.   Ruud, is the ILB's coach.....They are constantly out of position, bite on plays and appear to be a glaring weakness of the 3-4 D......ITS ONLY HIS FIRST COACHING GIG, but they are a glaring issue.  Most have only coach in either the AAC or PAC12.  Neither known for the smash mouth physicality of the B1G.  It's a different league.  Bo found out.  Fans found out.  The players found out and I think Frost has as well.  Is he too proud to recognize what works in one spot might not work in another.  Can he get that Husker Power he has talked about?

Frost does need time.  But  he also needs to take a hard look at everything around him.  The players, staff, methodology, philosophies, schemes etc....

I just expected a lot better product in year 2. I expected a better product after a 2 week bye.  For full disclosure, until Noah went down the O was playing great IMHO.  The Noah fumble stunk, but play calling, tempo etc looked good. That D though..... 

I said when Frost was hired he gets the time.  And he should.    I never said he'd be free of criticism....

84 gonna be jealous.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, milehighbob said:

When Frost makes comments about players on the team just being OK, and not really caring about being great, players not being dialed in, Wandale Robinson having to call out upperclassmen for not buying in, is that not a reflection on Frost and an inability to inspire and relate to his players? 

Second, are these players starters? and if so, why are they starting if they are not bought in? I know Riley and Eichorst left this program in crumbles, but at what point do we question if Frost can motivate his players? I have not seen it, it seems like the older players don't like him.

Yes it is a reflection of him

• Haha 2
40 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Some of them are yes.  A lot of them understand what Frost was stepping into when he accepted the job and that turning a losing program into a winning one does not typically happen overnight.

Without a doubt. I suppose its like everything in life, the miserable are always the loudest

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

Have other coaches been successful with other coaches recruits?  Why don’t you look at LSU. 

I really wonder when you say stuff like this do you just not understand reality or are you just hoping others won't?

Orgeron is in his 4th year and there was a point in his 2nd year where he lost to troy and I'm sure the LSU fans that are like you thought he was not the right coach and should be gone. He also inherited a team that was not 4-8. Miles didn't leave because he had established poor culture. He left because he couldn't quite get over the hump again to an elite team and they needed fresh blood after a long time there. 

LSU class ranks: 

2015- #5

2016- #2 

2017- #7

2018- #15

2019- #5

So even their worst is higher than our best class by a long shot.  Hmmm I wonder why he would win with other coaches recruits. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 4
43 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I really wonder when you say stuff like this do you just not understand reality or are you just hoping others won't?

Orgeron is in his 4th year and there was a point in his 2nd year where he lost to troy and I'm sure the LSU fans that are like you thought he was not the right coach and should be gone. He also inherited a team that was not 4-8. Miles didn't leave because he had established poor culture. He left because he couldn't quite get over the hump again to an elite team and they needed fresh blood after a long time there. 

LSU class ranks: 

2015- #5

2016- #2 

2017- #7

2018- #15

2019- #5

So even their worst is higher than our best class by a long shot.  Hmmm I wonder why he would win with other coaches recruits. 

So keep using the excuse of #notmyrecruits then?  Every last one of players should have left when he was canned

The lack of specifics on exactly what it means to "buy in" is exhausting. Don't know it there has ever been a topic spoken about more where absolutely nothing new is ever said. 

Yesterday, Frost spoke about knowing in the morning that guys weren't focused. What in the world could they be doing on a Saturday morning of a night game, in the presence of coaches, that is so unfocused? Did they sleep in? Ate too many cookies? Forgot to wash their socks? This is all just so much talk without any real substance

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, gorp512 said:

The lack of specifics on exactly what it means to "buy in" is exhausting. Don't know it there has ever been a topic spoken about more where absolutely nothing new is ever said. 

Yesterday, Frost spoke about knowing in the morning that guys weren't focused. What in the world could they be doing on a Saturday morning of a night game, in the presence of coaches, that is so unfocused? Did they sleep in? Ate too many cookies? Forgot to wash their socks? This is all just so much talk without any real substance

Morning drills.

Frost saw Darrion Daniels have to call some guys out.

• Fire 1
Just now, TheSker said:

Morning drills.

Frost saw Darrion Daniels have to call some guys out.

I get that, but a team doesn't just arrive to Saturday and decide during morning drills they aren't focused. They had two weeks. What's with all the great practices they always talk about? 

6 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

I get that, but a team doesn't just arrive to Saturday and decide during morning drills they aren't focused. They had two weeks. What's with all the great practices they always talk about? 

As a player who went through what he did to earn the respect of his Nebraska teammates, Frost can see details that show lack of toughness and focus.

The enforcement needs to come from the team, not the coaching staff.  When Frost talks about culture, that's part of it.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I think Scott and staff are in a tough situation.  Three games ago, when bowl contention was almost a given, if they'd benched 8 or more poorly motivated players to start untested and young (read not quite ready for prime time but highly motivated) players and lost one or more of the games we won, how much louder would the outrage be today?  Fine line between 100% building on the future vs fighting to having a winning season and make a bowl game.  Glad I'm not a big time coach at a blue blood program that is on hard times.

• Plus1 3

Obviously, the whole mornings practice thing is not working either.  Again, force feeding a square peg into a round hole.  Why not have normal afternoon practices and maybe attention to detail will be there.  If this is carrying over to Gameday walk through, maybe that is on the coach?  Stubborn Scotty Frosty at his best