Wisconsin Post Game Thread

Just now, CAHusker said:

I wonder where Rhamir is, he looked really quick the times he played, which was forever ago.  Additionally, not having Washington really hurts.

Trying to save Rahmir’s redshirt. He has participated in 3 games. If he plays today, he’s done for the year. We also don’t know how “ready” Rahmir is to play meaningful snaps. 

1 minute ago, WVhuskerXX said:

I certainly hope this is the worst it gets when it comes to RB depth in the Frost era 

Can’t get much worse. 

Positives:

-Offensive line not only held their own, but they played a good game. Bravo to the OLine, they did a really good job.

-Mills. Hopefully Robinson returns healthy and Mills/Robinson in the backfield becomes a thing.

-Noa. Made some nice catches and showed up.

-Stoll. Also caught a few catches and it's just fun when he's involved in the game plan. Big target.

-Nelson. The lone bright spot on D. This guy has a ton of potential.

Negatives:

-Defense. 

-Martinez. Makes bad decisions, completely unreliable thrower, finally runs and gets huge yards, but two plays later hesitates on running and stalls a drive.

2 minutes ago, SFW said:

I think frost knows he needs a change at DC .

He just said that they need to get better on their staff.  Also said if they could hold people under 30 they might have something.

I think he knows.

I think how bad our defense is effects his play calling. Knowing you need 35+ points and you can’t kick the ball puts extreme pressure on the offense. They need to be elite just to give us a shot at winning.

• Plus1 1

I’ve known since he got here. Frost needs to make a move IF he feels that way. NU can do better. 

5 minutes ago, SFW said:

I think frost knows he needs a change at DC .

He just said that they need to get better on their staff.  Also said if they could hold people under 30 they might have something.

I think he knows.

• Haha 1

Fans want focus on terrible play calling in the red zone and Martinez mistakes in this loss, but every single offense mistake is magnified when the defense and ST are so bad. I think Martinez had 2 bad plays today in the INT and the sack which lost 20 yards.  Even after that sack, Frost and Martinez made a smart play to get into FG range and Pickering missed the FG.

I know 21 points on 500 yards is poor, but there are extenuating circumstances on why NU isn’t scoring more points. 

• Plus1 3
Just now, TheSker said:

Feel free to ignore.

Please.

Why, I like many others await a legit answer.  Is it talent???? Yes, wait no, it’s player leadership, wait it is talent.  

You responded with 13-0.  Dynamite drop in Monte.  Real deep and thought provoking with depth backing your logic.  Again inform myself, and probably more than a few others of when Chin had a pulse leading a defense

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1

A couple take always...

Please find some jerseys big enough to stretch over the huge bellies of the DL.  They don't look intimidating...just fat and out of shape

Please don't hop up and start flexing after you do your job until you look and see if the officials noticed you were holding your receiver and threw a flag.

Please let the oL know whether AM is going to be a pocket passer or not.  It would make their lives so much more pleasant.

Please tell the running backs that chipping a blitzing LB is probably compulsory...not voluntary.

Finally, though I know the officials no doubt appreciate it, do we really need receivers signaling first downs for us?  I mean, we have markers and officials and the networks spent all that money on that superimposed yellow line.  We can probably do without your help.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, PaulCrewe said:

Why, I like many others await a legit answer.  Is it talent???? Yes, wait no, it’s player leadership, wait it is talent.  

You responded with 13-0.  Dynamite drop in Monte.  Real deep and thought provoking with depth backing your logic.  Again inform myself, and probably more than a few others of when Chin had a pulse leading a defense

My answer doesn't really matter.  I wasn't responding to your post, nor would I.