The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

This all but confirms China's numbers are BS. They do not follow any of the other trends. I'm guessing they started fibing around the 10 day mark on that chart.

We can doubt China's numbers for other reasons, but the chart doesn't confirm that. If anything, the charts shows China may have had a second wave, which is expected.

Have to say, I really wish these people weren't doing this.

But, since they are and they obviously have been told the dangers of the virus and how to protect themselves, it's going to be really interesting to see if a spike in cases in the groups that protest occur over the next couple weeks.

Of course, it's always possible that just by chance there isn't anyone at these events that are infected.  But, I see a lot of elderly people at these.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Have to say, I really wish these people weren't doing this.

But, since they are and they obviously have been told the dangers of the virus and how to protect themselves, it's going to be really interesting to see if a spike in cases in the groups that protest occur over the next couple weeks.

Of course, it's always possible that just by chance there isn't anyone at these events that are infected.  But, I see a lot of elderly people at these.

0f4.jpg

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

So our president yesterday said it was the state's decision to re-open and he will stand by their decisions - now he's saying liberate your state to his followers? Dude's unhinged. More Americans will die of covid today then died on 9/11 - and he's encouraging people to go group together. f#&% this dude, seriously f#&% this dude. 

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

We can doubt China's numbers for other reasons, but the chart doesn't confirm that. If anything, the charts shows China may have had a second wave, which is expected.

It doesn't take a statistician to look at the chart and China's population and know that something isn't adding up there.

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, ZRod said:

It doesn't take a statistician to look at the chart and China's population and know that something isn't adding up there.

Why? Simply because it looks different? That's not nearly enough to think they're lying. It could be any number of things that make them an outlier.

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't believe any information coming out of China right now.

Fair enough, there's lots of reasons to be skeptical. My point is that you can't be certain of that conclusion just by looking at that chart.

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

:laughpound

In an interview Friday with the official Xinhua news agency, an unidentified official from Wuhan’s epidemic command center said that revising the figures was important for protecting the “credibility of the government” and “maintaining respect for each individual life.”

And now he is using his own Fake News to claim San Fran Nan had tweeted that people should come down to Chinatown in the middle of the lock down.  

Not true as the article details.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinatown-not-part-china-trumps-003727405.html

Pelosi's chief of staff, Drew Hammill, tweeted, "Fact check: We never posted this video. It’s obviously local TV coverage of the Speaker visiting Chinatown in San Francisco three weeks prior to the shelter-in-place order."

Factcheck.org corroborated this, saying, "We could find no record that the video was ever posted on Pelosi’s Twitter account."

Trump's comment about Pelosi's visit to the neighborhood are to counter criticism that he was slow to react to the coronavirus. 

Trump made similar comments on Wednesday, saying, “They didn’t want our borders closed. They’re criticizing me for closing the border. I did that very early. By the way, I did that very early while Nancy Pelosi was trying to have in San Francisco parties in Chinatown because she thought it would be great."

So now Gov Cuomo slams Trump in real time after Trump tweeted something nasty again.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/new-york-gov-andrew-cuomo-unloads-on-trump-hes-doing-nothing-174641918.html