The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

More antibody tests coming out. Stockholm and USC recently releasing results. All these antibody tests are showing the virus is significantly more widespread then previously thought (which means less deadly). The USC one estimated around 300,000 cases in LA at the time they had 600 deaths. Though deaths is a number that grows, but still more widespread than the number of cases we see in the reports.

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

how in the name of conspiracy theories can someone stretch new technology (inanimate) causing a new virus (living thing)...?  

same way you get people believing trump is our savior.  alt news sources droning on about the "real news" that the MSM won't tell you

5 minutes ago, Landlord said:

How is everyone feeling about the timing of some states ending their shelter in place orders or slowly starting to open up some businesses at the end of this week or the month?

Premature is the word that keeps coming to my mind. Based on a lot of what I'm reading, health officials are seriously concerned that we haven't done enough to limit an outbreak down the road.

The pendulum is starting to swing in favor of the economy for a lot of folks, particularly republicans.

43 minutes ago, Landlord said:

How is everyone feeling about the timing of some states ending their shelter in place orders or slowly starting to open up some businesses at the end of this week or the month?

I personally believe it's way too early in many of the areas that are discussing it like Georgia, Michigan...etc.  I do believe some states need to adjust their stay-at-home order.  Pennsylvania, for instance, didn't make any sense as to what businesses could stay open and which ones couldn't.  

However, I'm to the point of saying...what ever.  If some open up early and they have a spike in cases and deaths....well.....they were stupid.  If they open up early and they don't, then it's great for the people going back.

I think the criteria for states to open back up the WH put out were decent.  Problem is, some states are doing it and they don't even meet the minimum requirements.

BTW...we are at 2,200 deaths today and it's only 2:45.  Sure doesn't seem like things are slowing down that much.

43 minutes ago, Landlord said:

We aren't ready.  There is still too much unknown.  While I'm working at home, at the office they are just starting to take everyone's temp before entering the building. 

Unfortunately, too many people will die thinking they are safe or in this case thinking it is just political (probably a Trump cult member unfortunately. It is sad when anyone dies and in this case perhaps because of bad political thinking)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11441636/john-mcdaniel-killed-coronavirus-dismissing-political-ploy/