The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

23 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I just unrolled it, couldn't find it. He uses the national ED visit #'s which fit his narrative. Cases and hospitalizations hit their all time highs today in the US. So I really don't see how him cherry picking one region of the country proves his point, when as a whole Fauci was right. 

here is where he got the rest of the Region breakdowns.   I hesitate to speak for him, but I think he was trying to get across that Thanksgiving didn’t represent a change in trajectory in cases (Unless it was down) compared to what happened previous prior weeks so it’s tough to say there was a surge overall.  Just an unfortunate continued increase.  Hopefully all Regions have hit peak for the season. 

good news on flu is at the very end of the thread.  Hope it was legit, but looked like WHO reported flu activity was nill

• Plus1 2

Just now, Archy1221 said:

here is where he got the rest of the Region breakdowns.   I hesitate to speak for him, but I think he was trying to get across that Thanksgiving didn’t represent a change in trajectory in cases (Unless it was down) compared to what happened previous prior weeks so it’s tough to say there was a surge overall.  Just an unfortunate continued increase.  Hopefully all Regions have hit peak for the season. 

good news on flu is at the very end of the thread.  Hope it was legit, but looked like WHO reported flu activity was nill

Sorry Devo, just saw you posted same thing. 

• Plus1 2

So, I am probably out and around more people than most of you...I have seen no one without a mask anywhere for as long as I can remember.

What I have seen is people not staying 6 feet apart.  

My guess is none of you have seen lots of people out without masks but you have all seen people standings right next to each other for extended periods of time.  

I coach a winter sport (I won't say which one because no one would believe it) and we have a tourney coming up...we were told "no coaches hospitality room" because of covid (that means no free drinks and food), BUT I can promise you, everyone will be standing/sitting right next to each other all day, with masks on.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Maybe your Twitter isn't working there are regional graphs for the entire lower 48 :dunno

Edit: read 1st...then post :)

OHHHH in that twitter thread. I'm there now. Yeah I think we were trending nicely before Thanksgiving and have continued that trend. Places like NY, FL, CA, TX were trending up and continued that trend. I took Fauci's advice like a mom on NYE night, there's drunk drivers everywhere, don't be an idiot. But that data does speak to, 'states gonna do what they do'. I'm hoping the worst is behind us here in our region. 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Should be getting vaccinated over the next  2 weeks. Feels like the beginning of the end. Even the people I work with who are nervous about the vaccine, are excited for the change a vaccine will bring. Seems like the longest 9 months of all our careers. 

My MIL is an RN in Denver and she's getting the vaccine tomorrow. Apparently there's more doses for the vaccine than initially expected (at least here in the Denver area).

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

So, I am probably out and around more people than most of you...I have seen no one without a mask anywhere for as long as I can remember.

What I have seen is people not staying 6 feet apart.  

My guess is none of you have seen lots of people out without masks but you have all seen people standings right next to each other for extended periods of time.  

I coach a winter sport (I won't say which one because no one would believe it) and we have a tourney coming up...we were told "no coaches hospitality room" because of covid (that means no free drinks and food), BUT I can promise you, everyone will be standing/sitting right next to each other all day, with masks on.

Its swimming isn't it.

• Haha 1