The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

So I got a text from the guy running our poker league inquiring on whether we should start up again (shut it down last spring).  He sent the text to 20 of us.  13 respond nearly immediately "hell yeah!!".  6 never responded with only one saying "not a good idea."

What did I miss?  Is jamming 20 people in a basement playing cards and drinking copacetic now?

Is there any wonder we're going to be pushing 700,000 deaths by summer?

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

So I got a text from the guy running our poker league inquiring on whether we should start up again (shut it down last spring).  He sent the text to 20 of us.  13 respond nearly immediately "hell yeah!!".  6 never responded with only one saying "not a good idea."

What did I miss?  Is jamming 20 people in a basement playing cards and drinking copacetic now?

Is there any wonder we're going to be pushing 700,000 deaths by summer?

Our card club was shut down too. 

it is possible that whisky kills the virus.  

3 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Remember the early model that estimated between 1,000,000 and 2,000,000 Americans would die from covid if we basically did nothing to mitigate to the spread?  We're on our way and we can thank people like this.  It just baffles me the ignorance and allaboutmeism of the American species.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
5 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Remember the early model that estimated between 1,000,000 and 2,000,000 Americans would die from covid if we basically did nothing to mitigate to the spread?  We're on our way and we can thank people like this.  It just baffles me the ignorance and allaboutmeism of the American species.  

Isn't Florida doing better than places like California?

Let's not forget that numbers show that masking hasn't proven to stop the spread of the Wuhan virus.

If we're placing blame let's start with where the blame actually lies:

1) China

2) Anphony Fauci, and

3) the WHO.

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, ScarletRevival said:

Isn't Florida doing better than places like California?

Let's not forget that numbers show that masking hasn't proven to stop the spread of the Wuhan virus.

If we're placing blame let's start with where the blame actually lies:

1) China

2) Anphony Fauci, and

3) the WHO.

Evidently you're not a big science guy, or even common sense guy, because I already posted these for you before but just in case somebody might take your drivel seriously.

https://academic.oup.com/occmed/article/70/8/606/5932361

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32543923/

https://delphi.cmu.edu/blog/2020/10/12/new-and-improved-covid-symptom-survey-tracks-testing-and-mask-wearing/

Masks work. As the video shows operator error or just plan not giving a s#!t skews the numbers 

Do us all a favor please.  Can you post your virology or epidemiology credentials?  I'd like to compare them to Fauci's.

• Plus1 4