The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Trust me, I am a public health worker. Please get out of your car so I can stick you with this needle. 

I am only joking. I have friends that are pharmacist that are dealing with the storage temperature demands of these vaccines. Having this on top of their duties isn't that much fun. I am sure it is better than constantly calling insurance companies and getting yelled at by customers. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, jaws said:

Trust me, I am a public health worker. Please get out of your car so I can stick you with this needle. 

I am only joking. I have friends that are pharmacist that are dealing with the storage temperature demands of these vaccines. Having this on top of their duties isn't that much fun. I am sure it is better than constantly calling insurance companies and getting yelled at by customers. 

Who will count the 30 pills that go in the brownish container?!?!?!?  Uggggg

(I kid, I kid)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Who will count the 30 pills that go in the brownish container?!?!?!?  Uggggg

(I kid, I kid)

As long as it is in multiples of 5.

Obviously those involved with the Pfizer vaccine didn't consult a pharmacists for the vials because there are 6 doses per vial.  

• Haha 1
On 1/27/2021 at 3:20 PM, ScarletRevival said:

Why? He can read that data and see that masks haven't had much of, if any, effect on stopping the spread of Covid.

I'd bet he's seen far more patients in his practice than Anphony Fauci has.

Science begs to differ

https://academic.oup.com/occmed/article/70/8/606/5932361

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32543923/

https://delphi.cmu.edu/blog/2020/10/12/new-and-improved-covid-symptom-survey-tracks-testing-and-mask-wearing/

• Plus1 1

Huh, even everyone’s favorite site now finally wants to get kids back in school.  Now finally wanting follow science.  It’s as if many on the left actively chose not to follow the science since early fall when people like myself were constantly advocating for it.  

Change in Administration so change in news narrative I guess

• Plus1 2
39 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Huh, even everyone’s favorite site now finally wants to get kids back in school.  Now finally wanting follow science.  It’s as if many on the left actively chose not to follow the science since early fall when people like myself were constantly advocating for it.  

Change in Administration so change in news narrative I guess

Maybe if our last president didn't make all this so political from the start, we wouldn't have articles like this. 

Also, I hope some day we can get past the phrase "follow science" or whatever form of the phrase people use and stop using it as a political tool. 

Some day I really hope that we as a country we can understand that from start to finish situations like this are are fluid. 

• Plus1 2
On 1/27/2021 at 4:20 PM, ScarletRevival said:

Why? He can read that data and see that masks haven't had much of, if any, effect on stopping the spread of Covid.

I'd bet he's seen far more patients in his practice than Anphony Fauci has.

Holy f#&%, we're still doing this?

• Plus1 2

16 minutes ago, jaws said:

Maybe if our last president didn't make all this so political from the start, we wouldn't have articles like this. 

Also, I hope some day we can get past the phrase "follow science" or whatever form of the phrase people use and stop using it as a political tool. 

Some day I really hope that we as a country we can understand that from start to finish situations like this are are fluid. 

It was fluid from March to Sept.  It was no longer fluid in early fall.  The science was known at that point that schools were a safer place than the general community in which the schools reside. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, jaws said:

Trump definitely may have screwed the pooch on the response...but it was definitely the D's that made it political

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
44 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It was fluid from March to Sept.  It was no longer fluid in early fall.  The science was known at that point that schools were a safer place than the general community in which the schools reside. 

But that's not the whole story. Our school district ran out of teachers because of a combination of teachers getting covid, teachers having to quarantine, and teachers not feeling safe coming into the school. That was a large driver in why the district went back to remote learning after being in school last fall. With the numbers declining, the district just returned to in school this week.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

the schools might have been safer because they could actually enforce a mask mandate on everyone.   there were too many anti masker idiots for masks to end up being very effective in the general population.